Fine Tuner echo - help!

SarahH

Hello- I have a Rondo 3 and the fine tuner echo screen is frozen on this (see pic) . I have tried opening and closing battery with no luck. The only button that works is the un/lock then screen returns to this and I’m unable to use any other functions- any help would be greatly appreciated. 

D61EFD8D-9227-42A8-A1F1-5AFDF3A33EFF.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

Have you tried pairing your Rondo 3 to the FineTuner Echo again?

10 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Have you tried pairing your Rondo 3 to the FineTuner Echo again?

Hi Mary Beth, thanks for your suggestion. I have tried to re-pair it , with no luck 🥺

• HearPeers Heroes

According to the user manual this symbol represents a pairing issue.  If you are in the US, you can contact in house audiology for help.

8583C41B-B994-449D-B939-1BFBE32E5628.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

According to the user manual this symbol represents a pairing issue.

Actually @Mary BethIf there is as pairing issue we would see the "X" in the display. It looks like to me from the above picture that it's just waiting to be paired for the first time.

Thanks guys! I’m in Australia- I have a mapping appointment on Friday, I’ll ask the team then. Thank you 😊 

@SarahH did you try to reset option from the manual stated above?

Remove the battery, press the 3 buttons until the light comes on and then off, then reinsert the battery.

Thanks Dennisjbr! That did the trick !!!

• Like 2

Yeah!!!!  Good to know and good for me to know when i need that with the FineTuner Echo!  

• 7 months later...
On 8/3/2021 at 9:06 PM, Dennisjbr said:

I wanted to try my replacement sonnet 2 EAS device to see how it works. It works, but its fine tuner echo is unresponsive.  I tried the workaround listed above and fine tuner is still unresponsive.  I attached a pic of how the screen looks now.     Any  suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

finetunerecho.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Juan P

Did you pair your Sonnet EAS to the fine tuner echo first?

Thanks again, Mary Beth!

Yes, it was done by the radiologist in my last programming. The fine tuner echo is just for the replacement device to use  just in case.   I used it shortly after the programming to check it and it worked.  I then used my main device ( used audiokey 2 to control the main device) and forgot about the replacement. When I tried to use it again this week,  I noticed that the fine tuner echo is no longer responsive.  The device works though. I attached a pic of how the tuner screen looks like in my original post.

J

P.S.  My audiostream is still not working ( I am supposed to receive a new audio stream cover and then someone from Audiology is going to help me).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Juan P

If it was me, I would make sure I had new batteries in the Sonnet and go through the steps to sync it with the Fine Tuner Echo again.

new batteries and resyncing would be my first steps

12 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Juan P

If it was me, I would make sure I had new batteries in the Sonnet and go through the steps to sync it with the Fine Tuner Echo again.

new batteries and resyncing would be my first steps

Thanks again, Mary Beth!

Yes, it was done by the radiologist in my last programming. The fine tuner echo is just for the replacement device to use  just in case.   I used it shortly after the programming to check it and it worked.  I then used my main device ( used audiokey 2 to control the main device) and forgot about the replacement. When I tried to use it again this week,  I noticed that the fine tuner echo is no longer responsive.  The device works though. I attached a pic of how the tuner screen looks like in my original post.

J

P.S.  My audiostream is still not working ( I am supposed to receive a new audio stream cover and then someone from Audiology is going to help me).

I just tried again with the most recent recharged battery and followed the steps in the med-El video to sync and no luck.  It is still unresponsive. The screen remains  frozen, as shown in the pic.

Thanks for your suggestions

• HearPeers Heroes

@Juan P

Maybe Med-El in house audiology can assist you.

Sorry it is not responding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! My  sonnet2 for some reason did not seat well with the rechargable tray. I received a replacement in a few days works great!