Deaf on left ear

Concern parent

My almost 3 yr old was born with severe hearing loss and her left ear and moderate hearing loss on her right but even thou she is 100% now on her right her left got worst mad now is profound hearing loss, She is a bit delayed with her speech but has been doing so much better.. I say all this to ask any parents how their kids do with social activities I reacently signed her up for soccer and noticed she has a hard time following the coach’s instructions she will follow for Mayb 15-20 the most then she just runs around or looks for the other kids parents to play with

• HearPeers Heroes

@Concern parent

Welcome to HearPeers.

Having no useable hearing on one side makes listening difficult in many situations.  There are options depending on the child’s age and the country you reside in.  Have you reached out to Med-El yet?  If not, maybe @MED-EL Moderator can get you connected.

Thanks for tagging us @Mary Beth

@Concern parent welcome to the HearPeers forum! We'd love to get you in touch with your local MED-EL team for more informtation and support in your area. 

If you want, you can send us a direct message with your contact details and more information where you're from and we'll be happy to get you in touch. 

Kind regards, Verena 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

In 2019, I woke up one day and had no hearing in my left ear. My hearing had vanished overnight, it was gone in my left ear. It was by far the most traumatic event in my life, ever. In June of 2020, I received my MED-EL CI and started to hear for the first time. Now, two years later I feel normal. In my opinion, the folks at MED-EL are the best in the business. They know how to help people! I also started using this a free computer program called Angel Sound, it's designed for children with CIs. I use it to work on vowels and consonants, it helps. I hope this helps.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to HearPeers!