Torn Sonnet o-ring

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Today my right Sonnet o-ring tore completely.  This has happened before.  It is due to the stress on the o-ring during closing the Sonnet/Sonnet2 to power it on.  Unfortunately the disconnections with AudioStream require additional pulling down and pushing up the covers which places additional stress on these small o-rings.

Fortunately, Med-El sells replacement o-rings.  It may be a good idea to have some spares.

64CB7C5B-D786-4C60-875C-C8DF43A4BD4C.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I to have had the same problems I was fortunate enough to have two back up processors so I switched but I have forgotten to order replacements so thanks for the post I am ordering now.

I've honestly never even noticed there was an o-ring there. I wonder what the purpose is, given that the cover has ventilation holes in it?

• 11 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 11/26/2022 at 5:32 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Scroll up for a pic of that o ring 

That's quite obvious.  I did bring up the o-ring with Tyler (CSR) but my o-rings still look smooth and complete.  And in any case by then, the product manager had decided to send me new batteries to try.  It seems likely to me that this has something to do with my processor, but I have to assume that Med-El knows more about it than I do!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

LOL.  Most definitely when the o ring tears it is very obvious!  Before that happens though there is oftentimes a kink in it or it is loose and gets caught when the battery cover is pushed up.  

• Like 1