Med-El new rehab at home for adults video series

Mary Beth

6 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Starring @John R!

Wrong terminology @Mary Beth humbly including John R is more accurate, there are 13 videos in total in this series, 12 Goals of rehabilitation yet to come. what an honor it was to be part in the creation of such an important project.
Here in Australia the facebook release of the video was shared by one of our harder to influence forums the deaf society, they shared it with the title "The new hot topic amongst cochlear implant users is rehabilitation" I think that one achievement already is an amazing success for this series. 

🙏

PS: Teaser... my favourite video / goal for behind the scenes production and end result is Goal 9. so once that is out I may share on this from a little more insight 😉

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Looks great. I had just been talking about an idea like this to Julie Husting and was about to email Mary Beth. I think Medel has really come up with a winner.

Thanks @pdk subscribe to the blog; and you will be receiving one a month for the next year.

it was a privilege to be part of creating this series.

I do hope it is a winner as you state.

21 hours ago, pdk said:

Looks great. I had just been talking about an idea like this to Julie Husting and was about to email Mary Beth. I think Medel has really come up with a winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Med-EL have decided to release the entire series and make it available for recipients as of now. SO @Mary Beth no more waiting for my little tease earlier about my favourite one. NOT because I happen to be in it. But as previously mentioned the BTS ( Behind the scenes ) production of this video was particularly fun. 

Shot on 4 different days, in 4 different locations, yet it came together quite well. 

Enjoy.. 

Managed to find the Ling six Test rehab. Difficult to beat that for great description. It needs updating to show the links to the new series.

The next link jumps, to module 9

Where can I find the links to each video

Judging from the Ling six video I'm looking forward to checking them all

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

try this link. In the video box click on the top right 3 lines

9 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@pdk

try this link. In the video box click on the top right 3 lines

Thanks Mary Beth. That works well

Just binged through all the videos.

Really great. I like the choice of actors. The videos are short and well explained. Really worthwhile project.

My thoughts on speech tracking:-

Speech tracking should be around the 4th video. To sit with a person whose voice is familiar reading a simple story as well as following voice with text. . By the time you are ready to attend online stuff you are already listening on the phone and TED with captions.

• 4 weeks later...

After spending a giant chunk of my morning on medel, i need a break!

I had a shortcut on my phone from yesterday but it was a chrome shortcut and only took me to shop.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled my chrome

Ive attempted to download first file from academy and getting blocked.

Uninstalled changed settings i give up for a break of lovely bird and animal sounds outside

It looks like amazon is part of this stuff???

I really dont want to lose this group on the 21st

Bbl with renewed energy got to battle chrome, medel, and phone security lol before i think i need medel help

Anyone have all connections yet? I have a shortcut to a hp group!

I was so excited to receive news today: "Following the popularity of the Children’s Rehabilitation Lesson Kit series, MED-EL developed the Adult Rehabilitation Lesson Kits as a free resource for professionals working with adult recipients using hearing technology—but you can use them too! Each lesson kit contains clear listening and spoken-language goals and multiple difficulty levels, depending how far along you are in your rehabilitation journey."

But my excitement was short-lived after I had clicked on the link, when I discovered that once again, Med-El, which takes such pride in its cutting-edge technology, provided yet another paper rehab solution. Its competitors are light years ahead in providing sophisticated online rehab programs to their users. Why not Med-El? I love that my implants have given me my life back, but I have had to depend on whatever off-brand programs I could find for my rehabilitation. 

I'm hoping that Med-El has plans to soon enter the 21st century in providing online rehabilitation.

1 hour ago, Dianna said:

After spending a giant chunk of my morning on medel, i need a break!

I had a shortcut on my phone from yesterday but it was a chrome shortcut and only took me to shop.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled my chrome

Ive attempted to download first file from academy and getting blocked.

Uninstalled changed settings i give up for a break of lovely bird and animal sounds outside

It looks like amazon is part of this stuff???

I really dont want to lose this group on the 21st

Bbl with renewed energy got to battle chrome, medel, and phone security lol before i think i need medel help

Anyone have all connections yet? I have a shortcut to a hp group!

Is this what you are looking for!

23 minutes ago, pdk said:

Is this what you are looking for!

Not this one, i was trying academy things