The chatty forum

Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

Very cool Ivana. My father was from Austria. We have visited there many times.

Excellent! Where are your roots exactly? (In Austria?)

• HearPeers Heroes

I think it would be great to visit Medel Headquarters. I remember a post by someone that they actually were able to meet the technician who made their processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lol I meant visit the Medel headquarters Ivana

Pardon me Adam - but I just couldn't resist :D :D

You mean the one in Innsbrück?

• HearPeers Heroes

I think it would be great to visit Medel Headquarters. I remember a post by someone that they actually were able to meet the technician who made their processor.

Well, I am not sure about a CI's but I have met mine. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep in Innsbruck

I saw a video where an American couple traveled there and got to meet the person who made her CI

• HearPeers Heroes

My father was from Voralberg. It's the most western part closet to Feldkirch. The town I guess now is called Vandans. It isn't far to Innsbruck. A couple hours maybe.

• HearPeers Heroes

I would love to visit the head office as well. Be real cool. What's last interesting for me istheynstarted making the implants the year I was born!!

• HearPeers Heroes

My father was from Voralberg. It's the most western part closet to Feldkirch. The town I guess now is called Vandans. It isn't far to Innsbruck. A couple hours maybe.

Oh... I know that part - it is pretty near to the Swiss and border of the Liechtenstein: very nice part of country :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep in Innsbruck

I saw a video where an American couple traveled there and got to meet the person who made her CI

Really?!? Is there a video around? Why don't you put a link at the forum? :D

You neant as the person who assembled that particular CI because the Hochmairs are the inventors in general... Perhaps now some engineers continue their work...

This is great story :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh... I know that part - it is pretty near to the Swiss and border of the Liechtenstein: very nice part of country :D

yes Ivana. We usually landed in Zurich which was only an hours drive. I have been to Liechtenstein as well. When I was little my aunt was living there. It's funny how small Austria is as it would fit inside lake Ontatrio!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Med El CEO and co founder won an award this year. The Russ prize. That was a cool article. http://www.presseportal.de/pm/62623/This is the link I found. So they developed the cochlear implant in 1977 the year I was born and they implanted on December 16 of that year. Very cool!!! What to go Med El!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I will try to find the link

I don't know if the hochmairs do much of the actual work anymore as I'm sure they have developed a great team under them. My guess is that they spend most of their time at speaking engagements

• HearPeers Heroes

There is also a video from a presentation they gave at Ohio State in February. I watched the presentation streamed live.

• HearPeers Heroes

Cool. I don't watch videos yet.

Hey Kara from Canada

I am from Canada to. Where about's are you? I heard you say you were an hour north of Toronto? I am 2 hours away from Toronto.

Do you deal with London Health science centre?

Christa

• HearPeers Heroes

No. I deal with SunnyBrook in Toronto. I'm from Keswick. I think I have said hi to you before. How are you doing in your journey? I just had my second mapping. I am so much happier. I can hear better again!!

• HearPeers Heroes

yes Ivana. We usually landed in Zurich which was only an hours drive. I have been to Liechtenstein as well. When I was little my aunt was living there. It's funny how small Austria is as it would fit inside lake Ontatrio!!

So - just few more kilometers on south is Croatia :)

Yes- pretty small...:D  But also pretty - beautiful...

• HearPeers Heroes

Med El CEO and co founder won an award this year. The Russ prize. That was a cool article. http://www.presseportal.de/pm/62623/This is the link I found. So they developed the cochlear implant in 1977 the year I was born and they implanted on December 16 of that year. Very cool!!! What to go Med El!!

Yes - I have got a card to write them in honour of that event :)

• HearPeers Heroes

There is also a video from a presentation they gave at Ohio State in February. I watched the presentation streamed live.

Yes, Professor Inge hold usually presentations, but going together with Professor Erwin on the conferences.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm heading back to Europe next year so I might swing by Innsbruck and meet the team. As usual there would be a motorcycle related reason to go somewhere so I'll also visit the KTM factory!

Mmmmmm, now just have to organise sponsorship from Med El and KTM for a round the world ride.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well Matt - if you come into Europe, we definitely have to see each other finally. Innsbruck for me is like going to coffee. :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Wish I was there. The mountains call to me occasionally!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I say if MEdel doesn't plan a MEDEL "reunion" we should create our own. :)