Audiolink connection to two processors

tmscarlett10

I just tried connecting my Audiolink to my Sonnet2 for the first time, and without success, came to the conclusion that I can't have both my Rondo3 and my Sonnet2 paired with the Audiolink at once. 

Is there a way to unpair a device so that I can pair the other one, depending on which processor I choose to wear?

Or do I need to wear only the one connected processor that will connect my phone calls?

• HearPeers Heroes

@tmscarlett10

AudioLink can only be paired to one processor per side (one left processor or one right processor).  You need to go through the pairing steps again when you wish to switch from a left Sonnet to a left Rondo3 or a right Sonnet to a right Rondo3.

I hope this helps.

F85CCC92-B321-4A86-B382-4EF72AAB5AF3.jpeg

7A242E2F-136A-41DF-BC77-D8405F4CA556.jpeg

I've tried multiple times to pair my Sonnet 2, but it will not. That's why I'm wondering if there is a way to unpair one processor to pair the other. 

@tmscarlett10

Sometimes the AudioLinks can be extremely picky about where you put the coil, I remember having to fight with it a bit to find the right spot for pairing it. It wasn't exactly as in the guide. Maybe trying to find a connection spot helps?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

AudioLink can only stream to Med-El processors (Sonnet, Sonnet2 and Rondo3).  It can not stream to any hearing aids.

It can be paired at the same time with one right processor and one left processor.  Our audiologists set our processors as right or left when they program them.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Yes it can stream to a right Sonnet/Sonnet2/Rondo3 and a left Sonnet/Sonnet2/Rondo3 at the same time in true stereo- separate instrumentals for music left and right sides depending on the song.

@Mary Beth, where is this help link?

@Enegra, I noticed that when first pairing my rondo3, especially since turning it on also pressed the buttons it pushed up against on the Audiolink. I will give it a few more tries though, and hopefully find its sweet spot.

So, I just paired my AudioLink with my processor following Mary Beth's instructions. The little green light remained steady, and the pairing lights flashed very briefly, but nothing else happened until I clicked the microphone icon. Then the pairing light(s) lit up and could turn the processor(s) up and down. Also, the mix button worked after clicking on it. One thing, when the AudioLink is on, you lose functionally of the AudioKey 2 app. Please do not read into this, the instructions Mary Beth provided are right out of the instruction manual. I just found by clicking on the mic button works for me.

Edited by M Dodge
I tried the instructions three times and posted what was found.

• HearPeers Heroes

@M Dodge

Remind me again which processor you are using with AudioLink 

My processor is a Sonnet 2. Please don't miss understand me. The instructions you provided are right out of the instruction manual. I just found by clicking on the mic button links my processor with the AudioLink and turns everything on.

Hi m,

I found a plug, probably ear phone jack on the back of my private tv. I have audio link cable plugged into that (the stand)

When i turn on the tv, the audiolink lights up and within seconds i hear in sonnet. 

Audiokey2 app wont work so if i need to change i use fine tuner echo. I use the tv volume for reducing commercials sound.

My sonnet is paired on my cell phone as a hearing device.

When i have my audio stream cover on, it all works the same but when i get a call i hear it ringing and my blue tooth lights up. I have not taken a call in this situation yet. ( i really only get spam calls)

Have you managed to connect yet??

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

If you have the AudioLink paired to a left and right Sonnet2 but want to switch and pair that AudioLink to Rondo3, how do you do it?

Hi @Mary Beth,

It's not possible to switch between processors, nor delete the processor pairing on AudioLink.

The second pair of processors needs to be paired to the AudioLink every time you wish to use the AudioLink (with the second pair). This will overwrite the original pairing and it will allow it to be used.

Kind Regards,

Giulia

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

I understand.  But several users are saying the AudioLink will not pair with the Rondo3 after it has been paired with Sonnet2.  They have tried pairing the AudioLink with Rondo3 but it stays paired with Sonnet2.  So I am wondering if there are certain steps that need to be taken in AudioKey2 perhaps? 

I thought that pairing the AudioLink with different processors worked like the FineTuner.  When I switch between my processors, I just pair the processors I want to start using with the FineTuner and it is fast and easy.  

But several people are reporting that they can not get their AudioLink to pair with Rondo3.  It remains paired with Sonnet2.

• HearPeers Heroes

@tmscarlett10

Were you able to get your AudioLink paired to your Sonnet2 yet?  I learned that it is important that the already paired processor is turned OFF before you begin the pairing process with the other processor.

On 7/19/2022 at 6:25 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Dianna

AudioLink can only stream to Med-El processors (Sonnet, Sonnet2 and Rondo3).  It can not stream to any hearing aids.

It can be paired at the same time with one right processor and one left processor.  Our audiologists set our processors as right or left when they program them.

Hey there, 

In advance i know this, but i was just at my "new" clinic trying ha's and i thought she said i would be using audio link, perhaps it was a mis speak. 

Anyhoo this topic is switching back and forth on the same side, sry

@MED-EL Moderator  @Mary Beth,

No, I have not been able to connect it. 

I have my Audiolink paired to only my rondo3 for one ear, being unilateral. 

But if I want to switch to my Sonnet2, it will not pair.

• HearPeers Heroes

@tmscarlett10

Make sure your Rondo3 is turned off.

Use the tool that came with the AudioLink and follow Med-El’s directions to open the AudioLink like you are going to replace its battery.  Remove the battery.  Then put it back and close it up.

Then begin the pairing process with your Sonnet2.  

These are the directions Med-El US gave me today.

If that does not work, schedule a 1:1 with Med-El US via Zoom.  The audiologist will walk you through it.  

There are appts open next week.  Free but must register.

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

Hi @Mary Beth,

One thing that might be happening is that the RONDO 3 is connecting to a paired mobile phone just before sending a pairing signal to AudioLink via its coil. This would block RONDO 3’s wireless module which would not allow AudioLink to send a pairing ping to the RONDO 3. 

If that's the case, you should close the Bluetooth of your mobile phones before trying to pair RONDO 3s to AudioLink.

Kind Regards, 

Giulia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1