Custom design skins

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I took @Kara of Canada’s guidance and contacted DEAFinitely Bold on Etsy about custom design skins.

I have purchased design skins from them in the past.

Very quick response.  Very easy process.

@John R if you are still looking for custom design skins, you may want to contact them.  They are based in the US so I do not know about shipping to Australia.

• Like 2

I had some non-custom skins from DeafinitelyBold in the past and really liked them. Unfortunately since Covid their shipping fee went up by a lot. Currently it is 17€ to get the skins to Finland, which is way too much for something that goes in a flat envelope with very little weight. That's roughly equal to the cost of two sets of skins. And then I'd have to pay the VAT on top of that, thanks to recent EU import law changes. 🤐

• HearPeers Heroes

I like Deafinitely Bold skins too..  I have a really adorable set for winter. Can’t wait!

• HearPeers Heroes

It really is quite amazing how skins hold up over time.  I have a skin on my Fine Tuner remote from back when skinit offered Med-El skins.  It has been on my FineTuner for 7.5 years and that FineTuner has been in my pocket, in a side pocket of my sports wallet etc.  I use it daily to switch to MT or T with my Artone.  Still looks brand new.  It’s a beautiful sea turtle design.  I also have a mini tags label on the back of the FineTuner with my first name and phone number that has held up great too through all the use over the years.

link to mini label:

https://www.kiddotags.com/mini-slim-clothing-tags.html

C8CEDE0A-BDEB-4203-BC94-E44A426E11D6.jpeg

14786644-7911-4B7D-9C99-4733A9DB9BEA.jpeg

That's quite impressive. I think the longest I've had a skin set was about 5 months, but depending on the skins, it often was more of a "want" than "need" to change.

I've noticed holo-type skins can be more fragile. But it depends. I had one set of holos from Dazzling Deaf on Etsy that lasted for 4 months and didn't even really peel, just the glue started corroding eventually and then my processors needed to be rubbed a fair bit with alcohol to get rid of the sticky residue. Translucent holos look especially great on my white processors, but all of the ones available on Etsy have ridiculous shipping costs lately.

I'll look around if I still have pictures somewhere.

E: Found some. The shimmer-type holo is from Dazzling Deaf, it lasted for a good while. The last picture is shortly after I went bilateral, holo from Deafinitely Bold. The sticker material used was sort of stiff and started peeling off around the edges after a few weeks. I've spoken with someone who had rose gold from the same seller and they had similar experience to mine. Probably their regular stickers are much more durable.

IMG_20211105_170656.jpg

IMG_20220207_192256_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20211105_160709.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

I need to change out my Sonnet mic covers every 2 months to maintain the best sound quality.  I am considering trimming the top decal so it does not touch the mic cover piece or just using the bottom decal with a coordinating mic cover color.

Wow, fancy dancy! I have white also just for decorating. Ive never liked matching color hearing aids either, usually a black and a silver. I have no idea whats available now...i'm checking them later in august.  I had to get an eas tube, selected green and pink, they are low on colors at this time. So i will have green mic, green eas tube and green battery cover until halloween!

I put a rainbow skin on my audio stream, doesnt fit but, the skin is nowhere near the edge. I love playing!

20 minutes ago, Dianna said:

Are those coil cable things hard to put on?

Not at all, just a little bit of work, but that's just a few minutes at most. You take the end of the wrap to one end of the coil cable and just keep making circular movements around the cable until it's all wrapped up.

• HearPeers Heroes

Here’s my custom skin! Now these creators are not familiar with the older coils shapes. So I had to do a little cutting to get it to fit on my D coil. 9B8B27F0-5BD9-46C0-91A3-03C8F5D71C7E.thumb.jpeg.51b919c33661aabc61d27ff5dcc9ab09.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kara of Canada said:

Here’s my custom skin! Now these creators are not familiar with the older coils shapes. So I had to do a little cutting to get it to fit on my D coil. 9B8B27F0-5BD9-46C0-91A3-03C8F5D71C7E.thumb.jpeg.51b919c33661aabc61d27ff5dcc9ab09.jpeg

Lol! So pretty!

Ive been playing enough for this quarter! But custom skins sounds fun!

For those in Europe and the UK  Dein design  do much of the same skins as skinit used to do. I  do miss my van gogh  starry  nights ones though Screenshot_20220728-173120_Photos.thumb.jpg.905d41b10fcd7f2753e42d7fc81b3bb9.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Dein design is currently not shipping outside of Europe. Not even UK. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

Dein design is currently not shipping outside of Europe. Not even UK. 

Damn wil have to do my next order when I'm in Germany 

4 hours ago, Asher kim said:

I  do miss my van gogh  starry  nights ones though Screenshot_20220728-173120_Photos.thumb.jpg.905d41b10fcd7f2753e42d7fc81b3bb9.jpg

Recently on Etsy I saw a skin based on the same painting. It's not exactly the same because of different cropping, but the spirit should be close enough: https://www.etsy.com/fi-en/listing/1084660746/pattern-for-implants-n7-n6-kanso-kanso-2?click_key=c4e30f86df7916c6441ccfe816e064ea3ef595e3%3A1084660746

9 hours ago, Enegra said:

Recently on Etsy I saw a skin based on the same painting. It's not exactly the same because of different cropping, but the spirit should be close enough: https://www.etsy.com/fi-en/listing/1084660746/pattern-for-implants-n7-n6-kanso-kanso-2?click_key=c4e30f86df7916c6441ccfe816e064ea3ef595e3%3A1084660746

Thanks so much for this. I was hoping to find somewhere  closer to home  but have bought 2 sets  😍

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
On 7/24/2022 at 8:05 AM, Mary Beth said:

I need to change out my Sonnet mic covers every 2 months to maintain the best sound quality.  I am considering trimming the top decal so it does not touch the mic cover piece or just using the bottom decal with a coordinating mic cover color.

Mary Beth, do you not have luck just sticking the skin on the new mic cover?  I've been using the same skins for a long time now and it still moves to the new mic covers and sticks well.  These are my old SkinIt skins, printed on (ahem) 3M adhesive made in my own plant!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I haven’t tried using skins on the mic cover yet but given your post, sounds like I should give it a try.

Today was change mic cover and clean battery contacts day so I switched from my happy green monster design covers and green mic covers to

a rainbow hearts skin and light blue mic covers.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
3 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

I haven’t tried using skins on the mic cover yet but given your post, sounds like I should give it a try.

Today was change mic cover and clean battery contacts day so I switched from my happy green monster design covers and green mic covers to

a rainbow hearts skin and light blue mic covers.

I saw the rainbow hears on the website, but to be honest I'm mourning the ability to use my own photos.  I've been photographing birds this summer and have some great photos, nice colorful goldfinches and orioles.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I just received my custom skins in the mail today.  They looK gorgeous!

I contacted DEAFinitely bold through her Etsy shop and she was great to work with.  Even sent a preview for my approval.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DEAFinitelyBold

• HearPeers Heroes
2 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

I just received my custom skins in the mail today.  They looK gorgeous!

I contacted DEAFinitely bold through her Etsy shop and she was great to work with.  Even sent a preview for my approval.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DEAFinitelyBold

Oh, excellent - thank you, @Mary Beth!