Custom design skins

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes
12 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

post a pic when you get them.  

@Mary BethI will.  I just ordered their sunflower skins and one from JAA of the Van Gogh Starry night painting.  I sent a message about the custom skins but it's only been a few minutes, I expect I won't hear till tomorrow.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So i need to change mic cover and decided to go green. The most difficult part was deciding on coil cover. I chose artist chella man today as he loves to get together with lgbtq and poc-ip groups and his dream for equality.

Chella was born deaf to hearing folks. He struggled with classes and bullying. He used his art skills starting young with doodling, it helped him focus away from his disability, and forward to how he could make connections between his worlds. His cover represents this along with a very interesting drawing of an implant!

i want to thank medel for selecting  chella, so more folks can be aware of the difficulties young folks face and how they are dealt with 20220815_101725.thumb.jpg.e8e662088125dfb38e15ad35bc8bbbb5.jpg20220815_101725.thumb.jpg.e8e662088125dfb38e15ad35bc8bbbb5.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth - I finally got around to putting my new skins on my Sonnets.  I had ordered two custom ones, one with a photo of the moon and the other with a photo of a goldfinch.  The moons look good but the bird pic was a poor choice, it's too busy and it's actually not terribly obvious it's a bird.  So that was a learning experience, heh.  Here's the moon though--

Moon.jpg

• 1 month later...

For 2023 I wanted to start a new hobby of designing my own stuff. I’m practicing on easy/cheap card stock for now. Once I’m more comfortable I’ll graduate myself to vinyl stickers. Steep learning curve for me but not too shabby for a first attempt  image.thumb.jpg.7f5390ac9ccf8fda72c3535d8f150088.jpg

I’m sure glad I started this process “last year”. Almost done figuring out the sizing and shapes for all. Last template to finish is the body of the Sonnet 2.

First test piece for the DL Coil. A65CC521-CFA9-47AA-91E1-860CFD0BCE62.thumb.jpeg.281f5e39fcad42eebf47e1700e92b26f.jpeg
And first (official) test with the Rondo 3

05112E69-6BF0-4B8C-B4F2-EF181FFAB962.thumb.jpeg.42c69c859acd5507065ad564be9d7465.jpeg

Can’t wait til I’m ready to start making my own designs and changing things up. Also got lots of covers waiting for cool designs. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Looks very cool!  

You may want to be careful with Rondo 3 decals. Med-El does not recommend using decals on Rondo 3.  I’ll try to find a link to their comment.

Thank you for the info! Gave me a few ideas on how to modify/work around this. Where there’s a will there’s a way. 😊