FT39

@Mary Beth thank you! I am definitely leaning toward the CI. It looks like Med El has exactly what I need for the high frequencies. I've heard many people say that the CI was the best for them over HA.

The steroids were to preserve residual hearing, since you have lost your hearing the steroids may not be part of your plan.

im using a hybrid set up called eas, it is electronic, accoustic mixes natural hearing with the electronic. I believe there is a link on here for eas.

I feel im perfectly set up for when my hearing ear gets bad an implant will replace my current hearing aid. I am 66 and not ready to go eeeh???? To my nieces and nephews lol.

They were so happy they didnt get squeeled on for the last year( i had ci and no ha) and now we have to hug a certain way cuz im sqealing again with new ha!

• HearPeers Heroes

I also had some residual hearing after my loss, but it was very distorted and so not useful to amplify at all. That aspect is very important. 

• Like 2

@Jared Charney Alyssa has been very helpful. She reached out to the Dr I am seeing at UMASS to see if they can schedule another hearing test while I'm there. We have to drive almost an hour each way, so expediting is a good thing. My hearing loss was sudden, and there's a small possibility some has come back. Thank you for getting me in touch with Alyssa.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm happy to hear that your tooth or dental surgery went well. I'm so sorry you weren't able to partake in the food while you were recovering and that your appetite may have been affected by the antibiotics and steroids.