Whoo Hoo

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

I just ordered a set of the new Max batteries for my Sonnets.  17 hours battery life!

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi all - I did get them, late last week.  I charged the batteries and was going to try them today, since it was time to change my filters too.  Unfortunately when I put the battery in and the cover, it didn't power up.

It worked fine with my regular batteries and cover so I just emailed customer service and we'll see.

• HearPeers Heroes

OK, so here's what happened.  I received two max batteries and two battery covers (they batteries are longer than regular ones, you can't use the standard covers - BUT both the batteries and the covers are the same price as regular, which is pretty awesome, really).  I put them on my right processor and.....nothing.  I put them on the left processor and it worked.  I tried the other battery on the right and it still didn't work.  Meantime I'm using the Sonnets every time I go to work, so it seemed really odd to me that both processors worked, and the two new batteries both worked with the left processor and not the right.

But Med-El customer service came through, as usual.  I was working with Tyler, who's got Minnesota now and he was working with a product manager and they decided that it's possible that the battery adapter was the problem.  So Tyler sent me one, it arrived today, and I now have both processors on WITH max batteries, working well and sounding great.

But FedEx didn't arrive till 2:00 or so, which means I won't see if I get my entire day until tomorrow.  I'm confident though - they did it with Rondo2, so I'm sure they can do it with these.

The extra length makes the processor larger but you can't tell when they're on:

Max Battery CI.jpg

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Do you notice the extra weight at all?  Looking forward to reading about your real life battery experience with the MAX.

Nope, @Mary Beth - I'm sure it's a little heavier but I'm not noticing it at all.  And yes, me too!  I'll put them on first thing tomorrow and see how it goes.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Oddly, the right processor won't work with the max batteries again.  I emailed Tyler but it's a holiday so I doubt I'll hear till Monday at least.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

It’s a long shot but did you check that the thin black rubber seal is in place and not damaged on your Sonnet control unit?  It impacts how the battery covers seal at the top.  One of mine ripped and caused problems.

• HearPeers Heroes
5 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

It’s a long shot but did you check that the thin black rubber seal is in place and not damaged on your Sonnet control unit?  It impacts how the battery covers seal at the top.  One of mine ripped and caused problems.

Yeah, I can actually still use the regular rechargeables.  It's weird.  I'm sure they'll figure it out, but yeah, it's weird.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Checking in on how things are going with the side that doesn’t work.  And also wondering if you have been able to figure out how many hours you are getting in your real life?  Thanks 

• HearPeers Heroes
11 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Checking in on how things are going with the side that doesn’t work.  And also wondering if you have been able to figure out how many hours you are getting in your real life?  Thanks 

I'm receiving new max batteries and battery covers tomorrow, so I'll see then if both sides work.  I've been using the regular batteries for now, didn't see the point of having max on one side.  Hopefully I can see how it goes this weekend.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 12/4/2022 at 10:08 AM, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

@Mary FeatherstonHello Mary ,how bare the new batteries working?

take care

Dave

Hi Dave - I got a second set on Friday, charged them up and have been using them since 6:30 this morning.  So far so good!  I'm mystified as to what might cause neither of the two batteries I originally received to work with my right processor (though they both worked on the left) but when they sent me new batteries and covers both work on both processors.  I clearly don't know enough to speculate.   But they work, and I am comfortable assuming that Med-El knows what they're doing.  It's been my experience so far!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I got 15 hours the other day.  I just don't stay up 17 hours, so if I ever find out if they last that long it might need something like a transatlantic flight.

But then, if I'm honest, I get screwed up with time zones and probably wouldn't figure it out correctly.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I got to see the max yesterday...it looks thinner than audiostream, and not much bigger. Im thinking there will be a max size audiostream soon.

I attended a presentation/support group at the communications department at my center yesterday. Really enjoyed meeting others!  Considering being a mentor....leah (medel rep) said i dont have to be a tech genious, just help folks with their stuff, thinking about it.

Soon as i have the bucks probably get a max!!!

• Like 2