May 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth for Med-El CI users, their families and those considering a Med-El CI

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Glenn

We know that our GoogleMeet day and time does not work for everyone.  Since we are an international group it is impossible to pick a day/time that works well in all time zones.

We have HP members who wake up incredibly early to join in from Alaska and the west coast as well as HP members who stay up late to join in from Australia and Japan.

I encourage HP members who would like to meet at a different day/time to start another HP members group.  Maybe someone will offer that at some time.

Wishing you the best.

• Members

Thanks much for everyone's contributions to the monthly Google Meet.  I always try to make it and really appreciate the incredible volunteer effort that  @Mary Beth  provides so generously.  As a US West Coaster, I'm very willing to do a 6 AM meeting once a month in order to learn more about CI and meet new people. 

I participate in about 20 Zoom meetings a week and see many that are poorly run leaving me all the more impressed with Mary Beth's patience and hosting skills to keep everybody included and contributing. 

I do a little monthly Zoom for SSD and recent implantees but I know my limitations 🙂 and am keeping it small. It is a small group of people in similar stages of rehab.  It is on a Thursday night Pacific time (also guaranteed to not work well for some people around the world!)  If you are SSD, recently implanted, and want an invite, DM me through HearPeers but it is no substitute for Mary Beth's hosted meeting. We are already a good size so I'm not creating a new discussion topic for publicity or create confusion with the monthly google meet.

By the way, in the Rehab forum, I created a posting listing out the Rehab resources that people mentioned and added a few others that didn't get mentioned.  Perhaps it will be helpful for people that couldn't write them all down or missed the meeting. If I missed something, you want to talk about them more, or make a correction to anything that I posted in there, feel free to post in that thread.

See you in June and thanks again to everyone but especially Mary Beth!

• Like 2

This is great Tim and thanks so very much! I will definitely benefit from the information on this helpful document! Thanks again Mary Beth! I’m happily comforted with all this wonderful support! Diane 

• Like 2

@Tim I’m another west coaster who is more than willing to get up early for our 6am GoogleMeet chats (even though I do need a bit of extra time before the chat just to get ready and look somewhat presentable at that hour!😅). Like you, I am so extremely grateful to and appreciative of @Mary Beth for all the time, effort, information and support she so tirelessly gives to all of us. 

Thanks for the rehab info you compiled!

• Like 2

@Tim @Joan it’s more than worth the early West Coast time for me too! I always learn something and it’s great seeing everyone. 

• Like 2