Rondo 2 USA kits

Mary Beth

Thx for the welcome....I was looking at this site.....going to see audiologist next week and will see if they have any insight as to where you can get it stateside...

https://www.hearingdirect.com/us/Assistive-Listening-Devices/phonak-roger-my-link-receiver-universal-neckloop.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwstfkBRBoEiwADTmnEJZZ4AoWNONd5tizmrasIa0u7IZ9Cy4TfKcILcGFK_-OcOqutMB0TRoCy3gQAvD_BwE

• HearPeers Heroes

@Betty

That link doesn’t seem today if it is a type 2 or type 3 Roger MyLink.

For Roger X three prong receivers it is important that we get type 02 so they can be set to the correct CI setting.

Roger 21 is a built in type 02 preset for Sonnets.

It is less clear on whether it matters to get a type 02 Roger MyLink or if a cheaper type 03 is fine.

In the US, Phonak only sells through audiologists.  Most times those prices are higher than ordering from the UK and having it shipped.

If you find a great price, let us know.

@Jdashiell Did you get a type 02 or type 03 Roger MyLink from Connevans?  How much did it end up costing?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Betty

I asked Med-El USA on their FB page whether the Roger MyLink that is an option in activation kits instead of the Roger 21 is a type 02 or type 03 Roger MyLink.  Let’s see what they say.

Thx, IRT the different models, I was wondering about that also, it was going to be one of the questions addressed to audiologist during upcoming visit....I will update you on what they tell me regarding model # and price....

• HearPeers Heroes
12 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Did you get a type 02 or type 03 Roger MyLink from Connevans?  How much did it end up costing?

@Mary Beth 

I checked all my devices before ordered the MyLiknk type 02

Connevans $378

Amazon $500

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

How is the Roger MyLink working out for you when wearing one Rondo 1 and one Rondo 2 Joe?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

the Roger MyLink works perfectly, as expected, with my Roger Pen or Roger Select when I am wearing my Rondo2/ Roger1 processors. I use the FineTuner set to MT or T telecoil setting as the MyLink is a neckloop which requires setting the the telecoil option on the processors. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Betty

I read your comment on Med-El USA FB page.

Does it actually list a price for the Roger MyLink in your binder or say contact Med-El ?  So far Med-El has not been selling the Roger items to us.  They are an option in activation kits (not upgrade kits).  But others can not purchase them from Med-El. Unless things have changed.  That’s why we have been discussing the cheapest reliable ways of purchasing Roger items.  For many people, the price of purchasing these items through audiologists has not been the cheapest way of obtaining Roger products.  In the US, Phonak (who makes the Roger items) will not sell directly to end users.

No price is listed .... you are correct in that in the US, Med El only sells thru audiologist.....

• HearPeers Heroes

@Betty

It seems to be because these Roger items are not Med-El items but rather Phonak items.

Med-El does sell their items, kits, dry kits, disposable batteries .... directly to us or through our insurance.

In my 4 years of being implanted the only items I am aware of that are in activation kits but unable to be purchased through Med-El for other users are the Phonak Roger items.

Hopefully Med-El will release the much awaited for AudioLink which will use the Sonnet’s internal 2.4 GHz receiver soon and that will open up a whole new connectivity option for Sonnet users.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Betty

Med-El USA replied that the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver option in US activation kits is a type 02.

DFE795DF-E1AD-4479-87BD-D23BA20DB84C.jpeg