A WOW moment

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

...but not a sound.  My office at work is isolated, I don't have any near neighbors.  What I do have is a conference room on one side, which is used infrequently - we use it for a stand-up meeting each morning for plant management and then some people have one on ones with their employees during the day.  And across from me is the training room.  As my hearing has improved with my CI, the training room has been getting more and more annoying.  Large groups meet in there for training classes and crew meetings and sometimes, from the sound of it, for cocktail parties - but no, no, the company wouldn't allow that.

Anyway I brought it up in our plant operating committee meeting this morning and I'm going to move to a different office, farther from the training room.  Because my hearing improved. 

Is that cool or what?

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great @Mary Featherston! And you are not even bilateral yet! Just imagine how much more awesome that will be! Thankfully you don't have to imagine for too long ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel - it's coming up fast!  And I actually made that point in the meeting - that I was going to gain even more volume and it would get even worse.  I mean, the labor market's kind of tight around here for production employees, and we don't need me going off my nut and scaring them off. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston  remember it’s not always about gaining volume you just become more aware of the sounds that are going on around you. The strangest ones too! Remember you mentioned the bathroom and cell phones a while back? Things like that. Lol! 

• 1 year later...

Just had my 6 month mapping session and a program upgrade. Another leap in hearing. I never though it could possibly improve so much  

Wishing all those starting out as much enjoyment as I am having. 

Peter 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk That's great, Peter!  It's an incredible experience, isn't it!

Yes it is. It's so much better than a hearing aid. Have to continue listening to music. Played an old Harry belafonte CD yesterday and it was sounding pretty good. Although it's not the same most music is enjoyable. I compare it to the early sound of speech with the budgie sounds on top. I used to listen under that higher sound. I try the same method with music and it's beginning to pay off. 

https://roadtoindependence.co.za/fanie-du-toit/  

If you haven't found this man, do it now. 

He's a double implant, has a daily following of 5000 in south Africa. 

Peter 

• Like 1