Problems with processors while away from home

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

I started a new topic for your question because it is an important question.  

@MED-EL Moderator, If we experience problems with our processors while traveling, what is the best way to get help?

Hi @Mary Beth, Thanks for this question, it is an important point. 

We would suggest calling your team back home using your usual customer service contacts. They should be able to direct you in next steps and possibly even to a local MED-EL office if necessary. If this is not an option, you can also use our MED-EL clinic finder to find a local distributor who should be able to help in urgent cases (https://www.medel.com/clinic-finder). 

I hope this helps, 

Kind regards, 

Mary 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Mary.  I am fortunate and have back up processors.  I always travel with spare parts and back up processors.  If I had trouble while away, I would switch to my backup processors and address the problem when I returned home.  Many others are not as fortunate and do not have backup processors.  I read that some countries have a holiday loaner program.  I would encourage you to use that if it is an option.  Having “spare ears” while traveling is a great relief.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Thank you Mary Beth.

@MED-EL Moderator I hope never happens this when you are traveling, but in this case, it is appreciate to get emergency assistance If we need it. Could MED EL center or distributor in the area recover your mapping configuration mapped in your local center? This would be great!

I understand if your device is psychically damaged, it is more complicated.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

I read that it is recommended that you have the mapping details on a flash drive or printed out so that if you have an emergency abroad the CI can be mapped correctly. 

If one had such an emergency in Jamaica (s)he would be in big trouble! 

• Haha 1