Attachments

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

I have used all my allowed attachment space.  Is there a way to remove the old photos so I can share new ones?

Hi @Mary Featherston, thanks for your question. By default each user has 1 MB available for attachments. Our web developer is looking into this so you can change / delete pictures or simply get more digital storage. We'll keep you updated.

@Mary Beth thanks for tagging!

Kind regards, Barbara 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you, Barbara!  If I'd known there was a limit I would have been more circumspect.  🙂

Hi @Mary Featherston, good news: we have changed the settings for our most active users (HearPeers Gurus):

1) You are able to delete attachments now. But please be aware, if you do so, they will be deleted anywhere else in the forum as well (in any post or comment you've used them)  

and:

2) We've increased the digital storage to avoid this problem in the future.

Kind regards, Barbara 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you very much, Barbara!

Well another option is to use a website like this https://imgbb.com/  so you can post photos without worrying about limits. I have been doing this for quite a long time now.

Hi @Mary Featherston! I have not written much but I'm still here reading you!

And yes something like posting the URL but there is a better way, when you write a new post there is a cascade on the right side that says "insert other media" click on it and then choose "Insert image from URL" so that way the image is embedded in the post, not just a link, as an example:

Screenshot-20181117-142949-2.png

Cheers!!

• HearPeers Heroes
39 minutes ago, Daniel the Stranger said:

Like his owner!!! 😂

Does his owner also like to play feather toy?

• Haha 2

• HearPeers Heroes
11 minutes ago, Jewel said:

I have never seen a domestic cat so large in Jamaica! Nice! @Daniel the Stranger

My cat Spike weighs 16 pounds.....

34 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

Does his owner also like to play feather toy?

Good one @Mary Featherston!! I said I was the owner not his sibling! :D

And yes, our breeder said that ours can be up to 15 pounds or so when he is 2 years. By the way Figo is 7 months old today! Hapy birthday Figo! 🐱

By the way @Mary Featherston , you talk too much about your cat/cats? but you never post a photo of them! Didn't they give you permission? 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hm, I don't have the option of inserting a photo here for some reason.  I'll try in the off topic folder.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 11/26/2018 at 9:41 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @Mary Featherston, good news: we have changed the settings for our most active users (HearPeers Gurus):

1) You are able to delete attachments now. But please be aware, if you do so, they will be deleted anywhere else in the forum as well (in any post or comment you've used them)  

and:

2) We've increased the digital storage to avoid this problem in the future.

Kind regards, Barbara 

@MED-EL Moderator Hi Barbara:  thank you for this but perhaps I'm slow - I can't see how to delete my old photos.  Can you help?  I clicked on the link to manage my photos but there doesn't seem to be a delete option.

Thanks again

Mary

23 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

Hm, I don't have the option of inserting a photo here for some reason.  I'll try in the off topic folder.

Hi @Mary Featherston, have a look at this screenshot, you won't escape of your duty o showing us your cat! 😂

Capture.png

22 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

@MED-EL Moderator Hi Barbara:  thank you for this but perhaps I'm slow - I can't see how to delete my old photos.  Can you help?  I clicked on the link to manage my photos but there doesn't seem to be a delete option.

Thanks again

Mary

Yep it seems the attachments management has not been properly configured. I tried to access mine and there is no delete option, besides, when I click in one of the photos, I got this message  This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

If you have been changed to HearPeers Guru, you may have been given more space for pics.  If so, you won’t need to delete any.

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

If you have been changed to HearPeers Guru, you may have been given more space for pics.  If so, you won’t need to delete any.

According to the little banner under my name, I am, but still no dice.

Hi @Mary Featherston,

I have expanded your attachment allowance so that you have unlimited attachments as well. So you should be able to upload images now. I have not worked out why you cant delete the images yet, but will ask our support team - I will keep you posted. 

Thanks! 

Mary