Anyone here used a CROS hearing device?

Stephen

Hello everyone. 

I'm Stephen, from the UK. 

Born severely deaf, hearing aid user all my life, can speak and hear, now in my 50s. Deafness progressively got worse, so became profoundly deaf and was implanted 15 months ago. Unilateral implant, MEDEL sonnet.

Very happy with results so far! Speech and music comprehension much better. 

However, I'm looking into combining the unilateral implant in my right ear with a CROS device behind my left ear. 

Does anyone here have any experiences - good or bad - with these? Anyone know of specific CROS devices that will 'talk' to MEDEL implants? 

Thanks, 
Stephen 

Visualizing sticking the roger pen behind the ear like people place their pencils there... I can’t imagine the technology is that far away!

• HearPeers Heroes

@NurseNavyNat (Canada)

That sounds vaguely familiar.  I think Phonak used to have an option like that which I tested out with my hearing aid years ago.  I hated it because it degraded the awesome sound quality of my hearing aid so I returned it.  I don’t think I have seen an option like that with Roger,

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger

That is a different way of crossing sound which does not require a Roger receiver on the Naida.  I work with students who use it.

The older design was universal.  Worked with a receiver on the HA.  I don’t believe that option ever existed in the Roger System though.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 6:06 PM, Mary Beth said:

Hi @Stephen

Welcome!

I don’t believe there is a CROS aid that will be received by the Sonnet.

Let’s tag @MED-EL Moderator

Hi @Stephen

Welcome to HearPeers! Great to have you here. Unfortunately we do not currently have a solution for CROS with SONNET right now. I am sorry that we are not able to help you on that front but please do ask if you have any more questions at all. 

Kind regards, 

Mary