Med-El printable rehab for ADULT CI recipients

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

I love the printable rehab activities you offer each month for children.

In your Vera video series, she was given printed exercises to do right from activation.  Her CI center offers great support for their adult recipients.  That is extremely rare.

Will you consider posting printable rehab sheets for new ADULT CI recipients?  This would be so very helpful to many people.  Since they are printable sheets, they could be offered in various languages.

I have explored Med-El’s rehab activities and think this would be a very valuable addition, and much needed.

Thanks for considering the idea.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for speaking out on this topic.  It would be great if MED EL would add content for adult rehab.

I agree wholeheartedly, Jennifer. Thank you, Beth. The latest rehab article showed a mother coaching her little girl. So cute, but I thought I wish I had someone like that mother to coach me. I'm 76 and Mom's been gone a long time.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lita

It definitely is very helpful to have a friend or family member willing to help with aural rehab activities.  I trained using apps every day but I also trained using a live voice every day.  I found that if I only trained with apps, it still wasn’t helping me understand real people sitting 5 feet away or across the living room.  Training with a real person helped me a lot.  I hope you find someone who will help you train.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 1/7/2019 at 3:29 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @Mary Beth

Thanks for this suggestion. I will talk to our Rehab team about this and see if it is possible. 

Kind regards, 

Mary 

@MED-EL Moderator

Hi, any update on this? I'm still early in the journey and would love something like that. 

• Like 2

Hi @Jewel

Our Rehab team are looking in to how best to do this but unfortunately there is nothing available yet. I will be sure to post on here once there is :)

Kind regards, 

Mary