A 3 Artone BT neckloop listening day!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I had a delightful Saturday working on various projects while enjoying an audiobook with my Artone BT neckloop.  I have 2 of them so one is always charging.  Today I listened so long while I was working on projects that I went through the first neckloop, charged it and started using the second neckloop, went through the second neckloop and returned to a fully charged first neckloop.  Smile.  A very fun day indeed!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth have you ever tried one of those little USB bluetooth adapters so you can use your Artone neckloop with a laptop?  I tried to pair it by itself and it didn't work, but if I could I'd use the neckloop while streaming TV shows on the computer.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Why won’t the Artone connect directly to the laptop via Bluetooth?

I do that at work.

The IT Dept set it up as a headphone connector.

• 1 month later...

I have the Artone TVB and was able to pair it with the Artone 3 Max with ease, but on the next day when I went to use it, I couldn't get it to work.  Do you have to repair it again with the Artone Max?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Stephan Brinkman

Did you pair that same Artone 3 MAX neckloop with a different device after you finished listening with the TVB?  When it turns on!it automatically connects with the last device it was connected to.  So if I used it last with my iPad, it connects with my iPad.  If I would like to use it with my iPhone instead, I have to disconnect it from my iPad and connect it to my iPhone.  No need to re sync.  Just select it under BT devices.

11 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Stephan Brinkman

Did you pair that same Artone 3 MAX neckloop with a different device after you finished listening with the TVB?  When it turns on!it automatically connects with the last device it was connected to.  So if I used it last with my iPad, it connects with my iPad.  If I would like to use it with my iPhone instead, I have to disconnect it from my iPad and connect it to my iPhone.  No need to re sync.  Just select it under BT devices.

The quality sounds pretty good.  The only thing i noticed is that you can't hear another person talk when you have it on.  Or, i was getting an echo effect because i had my rondu 2 set at on MT.  When you turn the TVB back on, does a light come on letting you know it is on?

Thank,

• HearPeers Heroes

@Stephan Brinkman

Yeah that audio delay causes the echo effect.  

I don’t have the Artone TVB so I am not sure about the lights.  The Artone company is great at answering questions though so reach out to them on their website or through FB messenger.  Good luck!

On 1/5/2019 at 10:43 PM, Mary Beth said:

I had a delightful Saturday working on various projects while enjoying an audiobook with my Artone BT neckloop.  I have 2 of them so one is always charging.  Today I listened so long while I was working on projects that I went through the first neckloop, charged it and started using the second neckloop, went through the second neckloop and returned to a fully charged first neckloop.  Smile.  A very fun day indeed!

@Mary Beth  Are you physically connected to your neck loop for sound or how?   

Also, I seem to recall you mentioned a way when using  Rondo2  to compensate for only one mic by  using Roger Pen.  Those are sooo expensive.  Does Harris Communications, (aka Atrone) make an alternative device similar to the Pen?

Thank you,

C T Lex

• HearPeers Heroes

@C T lex  I'm not Mary Beth, but neckloops only work when you wear them around your neck.  I second the recommendation for the Artone neckloop, it's great.

• HearPeers Heroes

@C T lex

The Artone neckloop is around my neck but not physically connected to my phone. It connects to my phone via Bluetooth.

Artone Mic is a remote mic that works with the Artone neckloop.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Mary Beth said:

@C T lex

The Artone neckloop is around my neck but not physically connected to my phone. It connects to my phone via Bluetooth.

Artone Mic is a remote mic that works with the Artone neckloop.

@Mary Beth   Thank you again, Mary Beth.  That's a very reasonable price.  What is your opinion vs  Roger Pin as to hearing in noise?  

• HearPeers Heroes

@C T lex

Roger Select has more sophisticated mics and it adapts automatically to background noise.  But it is expensive.

Personally, I do not care for the Roger Pen.

Artone Mic is much cheaper and works well as a remote mic but not as well as the Roger Select.

3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@C T lex

Roger Select has more sophisticated mics and it adapts automatically to background noise.  But it is expensive.

Personally, I do not care for the Roger Pen.

Artone Mic is much cheaper and works well as a remote mic but not as well as the Roger Select.

@Mary Beth  Thanks, Mary B.  From the studying I've done the  on the Pen a number of folks would agree with you.  

C T Lex

• HearPeers Heroes

Let us know if you test out any of these.  I always enjoy reading people’s experiences with tech.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:41 PM, Mary Featherston said:

@C T lex  I'm not Mary Beth, but neckloops only work when you wear them around your neck.  I second the recommendation for the Artone neckloop, it's great.

A belated thank you @Mary Featherston this what I plan to get