Beyond the roger pen

Hearing Again

My audi and I have not yet gotten into the roger penn, although she did sync it with my cell phone as it shows up as a Bluetooth device in my cell phone settings. Not sure what that is going to do as I need the sound entering the roger penn go to my ear and not my phone. 

I have also heard a little about other roger devices.  Anybody know what they are and which ones are good to have?

Also, as the roger pen came in my original kit without a loop, I figured it just streamed directly to my CI.  But now I heard something about a roger neck loop.  Do you need that for other roger divices?  Do you need that for the roger penn?  I got the Artone 3 max the other day and it is beyond incredible, but that does not help with any of the Rodger items, does it?

• HearPeers Heroes

If you have Sonnet, you can use the Roger battery cover, which communicates to the pen via FM.  It works quite well without a neckloop.  You would only need the neckloop if you have Rondo.

I received the Roger Select with my second kit and it looks pretty cool, it has several microphones that work independently so you could set it on a conference table and it would hear all around.  I just haven't tried it yet, I don't have a lot of trouble in meetings at work.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

check out topics on Roger under our assistive tech heading.  I posted lots of info there with pictures and links.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I agree.  Roger is great for speech but I do just fine with using only my processors.  So I have no use for Roger.

I choose to use the Artone BT neckloop to stream sound from my phone for audiobooks, etc because in T it blocks out all environmental noise.

I just hold my processor up to phones for calls.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I really came to love the Artone neckloop last summer.  I like to sit on the deck with a cold drink and a book, and with the neckloop I can either listen to an audiobook or music and put it on T and be completely unaware of our neighbor's small children, who are at the screaming stage.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I agree that streaming with complete audio from sound source is very important.  That is a 100/0 mix.

And impossible to achieve with Roger 21 on Sonnet or Roger X (02) on Sonnet or OPUS2.  It can be achieved with Roger MyLink and any processor on T.

BUT Roger MyLink is not as comfortable and light as Artone 3 MAX neckloop.

• Like 1