Cleaning battery contacts with rubbing alcohol

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

How often do you clean your battery contacts with rubbing alcohol on your OPUS2, Rondo 1 or Sonnet processors?

• HearPeers Heroes

I never have.  Are we supposed to do it regularly or only when we have a problem? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Regularly to prevent problems I believe

• HearPeers Heroes

Hm.  So just a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol?  Sounds simple enough.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes on the metal battery contacts.  Med-El has a video showing how to do it on their YouTube channel.

• HearPeers Heroes

Is it not required with the rechargeables?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I don’t know.

@MED-EL Moderator should Sonnet rechargeable battery adapter contacts be cleaned from time to time with rubbing alcohol?  Should the contacts on the Sonnet rechargeable batteries be cleaned from time to time with rubbing alcohol? What about the contacts on the charger itself?

• HearPeers Heroes

I’m a bit lazy on the regular schedule- I tend do it if and when I notice a problem 😗

On 2/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

I don’t know.

@MED-EL Moderator should Sonnet rechargeable battery adapter contacts be cleaned from time to time with rubbing alcohol?  Should the contacts on the Sonnet rechargeable batteries be cleaned from time to time with rubbing alcohol? What about the contacts on the charger itself?

Hi @Mary Beth

Thanks for the question. You can clean the contacts with a cotton swab and a small amount of cleaning alcohol, jut be careful not to touch the battery contacts yourself. You can find exact instructions on p20 of the User Manual for the SONNET Rechargeable Battery Pack. The exact instructions are to: "
Do not touch the battery contacts. If the contacts need to be cleaned, use a cotton swab and a small amount of cleaning alcohol. Gently wipe dry after cleaning.". 

Kind regards, 

Mary