What I love most about my Rondo2

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

I've been wearing the Sonnet straight for a few weeks and I just resumed wearing the Rondo2 and I started to remember why I love this processor so much! Please share what you love most about this OTE processor and what you least like about it. 

I will start things off.... 

I love that once I put it on my head in the morning I don't have to worry that I will hear dead battery beeps at any point during the day! This is certainly a BIG PLUS in my book! Most times I forget I even have it on. 

I also find that if I tilt my head back the Rondo2 stays in place unlike the Sonnet which feels like it would fall off. 

My only negative with Rondo2 is it doesn't work so well in noisy environments. I went out for lunch with colleagues by the waterfront. Music was playing, and it was a bit windy. I sometimes found it hard to follow the conversation. Another day I had lunch in our canteen and the person who sat right beside me has a fine voice and all now I am not sure what she said! Reminded me of my preCI days. 

Oh well. Guess you can't have it all! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Looking forward to following this!

I don’t have Rondo 2 so I can not compare it with the Sonnet.

I do dislike the short rechargeable battery life of the Sonnet standard rechargeable batteries.  So I use disposable batteries and switch them out every other morning.  I never experience dead Sonnet batteries with this method but I do have to purchase disposable batteries.

My BTE processors are secure on my head.  My Rondo 1 can get knocked off.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am glad you like your Rondo 2!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I wish I was fortunate like you and Sonnet would stay on my ear without having to use wigtape. Even with the wigtape it shifts during the day. I hope that the Sonnet 2 fits better. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

From the picture of the Sonnet 2 floating around FB, it looks similar to Sonnet 1 but time will tell.

I wish it stayed in place for you better. It is important that the processors are comfortable and secure.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I wish that too. I think I need another mapping for both. I'm missing things. Is the one year mapping appointment to be one year from activation date or surgery date? 

• HearPeers Heroes

My CI center handles MAPping appts differently than your center.  My one year was one year from activation but your center may do it differently.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Where is your coil located on your head?  Positions vary greatly between surgeons and our anatomy.  The Rondo 2 mic location is impacted by this.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

It is located about one inch from my ear. It is at the side of my head. Maybe the mic cover needs to be changed but since I haven't been wearing it every single day since getting it I am holding off on that.

I changed my mic cover for the Sonnet recently. I hear slightly better but all of a sudden I'm missing things. Doesn't happen often though. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

The good thing about the Rondo 2 mic covers is that they are so easy to change.  You could change it, yet keep the original one.  If everything sounds the same, then the original mic cover is probably still fine but if you notice a sound quality change, then the original mic cover is probably in need of replacing.

Two times I have replaced my Sonnet mic covers way earlier than my scheduled every two months replacement because things just did not sound right.  Immediately the sound improved.  Something must’ve been off with those mic covers.  Saved me from heading in for a MAP appt.