Just saying hello

Sandy123

Hello everyone,  Just wanted to check in and say I am loving my Sonnet.  The world of hearing is an awesome one and I am enjoying hearing so much from the past.  I am starting to appreciate music again also..  Hope everyone is doing well....

• Like 2

It's 6 months since activation. I wake up, all is very quiet. I go over to my special overnight storage box. First I put in my hearing aid, not a big difference.
Then my CI, beep...  And the world opens. The birds are singing in the garden and the next door neighbour's dog is barking.
I can now hear a watch ticking, bees buzzing frogs clicking. I can have a conversation. I can have a conversation on the phone.
The magic continues.
Hope everyone out there is also making progress .
How is johnl often think of you.
Peter

• Like 1

Greetings Mary Beth 

How about a topic... Computer programs, phone apps and how they help. How do you train your hearing? 

Peter 

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

We have a separate folder full of info on training called REHAB.  It includes phone apps, computer programs, etc.

Here is a link

https://forum.hearpeers.com/forum/27-rehab/

All of us can start new topics about anything by going to the folder we want it in (rehab, general, Sonnet 2) and selecting start new topic. Give it a try!  Let me know if you need any help Peter.

Peter

thanks for asking about me. I am now into my fourth month after activation and seem to be making slow progress. I can hear “noises” like birds and beeps from microwave and coffee maker although they are still a bit metallic. Music is still just horrible noise. I’m doing better understanding speech - and of course this is the most important thing for me. Lou’s environments present a challenge but I think that’s true for everyone. Next week I go to the audiologist to try EAS. They said I was borderline in terms of it helping but I had them make an ear mold and we are going to try that out. 

I’m glad to hear you are progressing well. 

Funny story about rehab. I use angel sounds a lot. The other day it said a word that I thought sounded like “sod”. Well, there were six choices for me to pick from - one choose was “sod” another “sawed”. I picked sod and it said I was wrong - it was sawed!!  I gave myself credit for a correct answer :)

That's just your real self coming out. 

I also recall sawed, with the American accent, I didn't get it right. 

Angel has very hard examples in there. 

It seems to me you are indeed improving. Great... Peter 

• HearPeers Heroes

@JohnL

Wishing you the best at your EAS appt.  let us know how that goes.