Stethoscope use

karenRS

Hope someone can help here.Is there anyone out there that uses a electronic stethoscope with their implant and if so how do they do it? There's one from Think  Labs that looks quite good and my audiologist tells me that I have to hook it up to the roger Pen that I have. However, I can't say I'm very impressed with the sound quality of the Roger. Has anyone some alternative ways of hooking up to an electronic stethoscope?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @karenRS and welcome to HearPeers.  We do have several stethoscope users.  Which processor are you using?

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

People seem to prefer using the direct audio input cable (red jack) which mixes the audio 90/10 (stethoscope/Sonnet mic).  It plugs into the FM Sonnet battery cover that has 3 holes on the bottom for the jack.

If you use the search feature here and type in stethoscope, posts discussing that will show up.

If you type @ and then the member’s name (no space), a window will pop up and let you tag them.  Successful tags display in blue.

Thank you very much for your help. I haven't got the FM batter pack cover so it looks like I will have to get one I only have the Roger Pen and audiolink and I can't say I impressed with those.

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

The sound quality of the DAI red jack cable is excellent.

I also have Roger tech, AudioLink and DAI red jack cables.

I think you will like the sound quality of the DAI cable.  I don’t like the yellow jack cable (50/50 mix) but I do like the red jack cable (90/10).

It comes in two styles (unilateral and bilateral).

@karenRS, @Mary Beth.

I use the stethoscope with the DAI red jack cable and the audio quality is really much better, I would even tell you that better than a bluetooth connection. I suggest you look for a stethoscope with generic audio output and always use it with the DAI red.

eeeee.jpg