Sonnet versus Rondo 2 comparision

Nischal Koirala

I am very eager to get my new cochlear implant

I will be very grateful to all who suggests me which is better between rondo 2 and sonnet

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nischal Koirala

Congratulations on your new CI.

Are you looking for comparisons between

Rondo 2 and Sonnet

or

Rondo 2 and Sonnet 2?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

@Nischal Koirala

Congratulations on your new CI.

Are you looking for comparisons between

Rondo 2 and Sonnet

or

Rondo 2 and Sonnet 2?

@Mary Beth I am comparing Sonnet 2 and rondo 2 as I have bileteral profound hearing loss and due to less budget I am only doing unilateral cochlear implant so which will be better for me?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nischal Koirala

The majority of what impacts our hearing with cochlear implants are the internal components and the speech processing strategies.  These are the same for Rondo 2 and Sonnet 2.

Front end processing (how the mics pick up sounds and how the processors treat those sounds) are different for Rondo 2 and Sonnet 2.  Rondo 2 uses one omnidirectional mic in Automatic Sound Management 1 (ASM 1).  Sonnet 2 uses dual mics in Automatic Sound Management 3 (ASM 3) which uses adaptive intelligence and a new advanced chip set.

Rondo 2 is a one piece processor worn off the ear with a built in rechargeable battery.

Sonnet 2 is a behind the ear processor that uses rechargeable batteries (which do not last a full day without being swapped out) or disposable batteries.

The connectivity options are different.

In the end, both will be terrific processors for different people.  Some people will prefer Rondo 2 and others will prefer Sonnet 2.  

Choose whichever one appeals to you and your lifestyle more.

Wishing you the best.

@Nischal Koirala Congrats,I am bilateral I have the Sonnets and One Rondo 2 I will wear the Rondo2 in quite places or If I am in a meeting.

I personally find the Rondo doesn’t work well for me in noisy environments due to the Omni directional mics I wear one Sonnet and one Rondo about 75% of the time.

Hope this helps

@Nischal KoiralaIF you are getting both such as I did you can try both.To me personally the fine turner didn’t help me much with the Rondo in a noisy environment.

Its very easy to switch just reach up to the processor remove from head and place the other one a half minute it takes.

Will you be getting both?

@Nischal Koirala since you are not getting both and will be having the Sonnets 2  I vote for the Sonnets as your audiologists can set the mics as directional and or Omni like Rondo 2. 

This is just my personal opinion.

Just for my info let me know your decision just interested.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nischal Koirala

This is why no one can promise any of us anything before we get implanted.....everyone’s results vary.

We also vary with respect to which processor is the best fit for us.

I hear well at college lectures, high school classrooms, conference presentations in large auditoriums with both my Rondo and my Sonnet.

I have friends who are hearing great with Rondo 2 processors in quiet and in noise.

I have friends who hear best using Sonnet’s dual mics in noise.

The best we can do when choosing processors is to learn about the features and about what people like or don’t like about the processors.  

We have both Rondo 2 topic category and Sonnet 2 topic category.  Have you found them yet?  You can read a lot of people’s posts to help you decide.

When do you need to choose?

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Nischal Koirala

This is why no one can promise any of us anything before we get implanted.....everyone’s results vary.

We also vary with respect to which processor is the best fit for us.

I hear well at college lectures, high school classrooms, conference presentations in large auditoriums with both my Rondo and my Sonnet.

I have friends who are hearing great with Rondo 2 processors in quiet and in noise.

I have friends who hear best using Sonnet’s dual mics in noise.

The best we can do when choosing processors is to learn about the features and about what people like or don’t like about the processors.  

We have both Rondo 2 topic category and Sonnet 2 topic category.  Have you found them yet?  You can read a lot of people’s posts to help you decide.

When do you need to choose?

@Mary Beth I need to choose withinin 3 days from now I am so confused what to do

if I buy both Rondo 2 and sonnet 2 outer processor can I use it with Rondo 2's internal processor

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nischal Koirala

We can use Med-El processors (Rondo 2 and Sonnet 2 and future processors) with our Med-El internal cochlear implants.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nischal Koirala

Synchrony 2 is the most recent internal component.  It has design changes that are helpful for our surgeons.  I believe its abilities related to sound are exactly the same as Synchrony.

I have one internal Concerto and one internal Synchrony.  They sound the same. The Synchrony is able to have 3.0 Tesla MRI scans.  The Concerto is able to have 1.5 Tesla MRI scans.