Audiokey

Marion nancy

With the Audiokey can you still use the T setting for telecoil.  After audiolink is paired with Audiokey sonnet 1 tuner cannot be used.

hope someone has the answer before I switch over

• HearPeers Heroes

After Sonnet1 is paired with AudioKey we can no longer choose to use the FineTuner?  That is a surprise.

@MED-EL Moderator Will you point us to info about this?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

Follow this link and scroll down.  The AudioKey app shows telecoil options.

Sonnet 1 can only use the app through the intermediary device (AudioLink).  So make sure AudioLink is charged up.

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/remote-controls/audiokey

• HearPeers Heroes

But we cannot use the AudioLink on planes per Med-El so then we wouldn’t have access to any way to change settings during flights.

I hope there is a way to also use the FineTuner remote even when Sonnet is set to use AudioKey app through AudioLink.

@MED-EL Moderator

5 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Marion nancy

Follow this link and scroll down.  The AudioKey app shows telecoil options.

Sonnet 1 can only use the app through the intermediary device (AudioLink).  So make sure AudioLink is charged up.

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/remote-controls/audiokey

@Mary Beth thanks again and best wishes for 2020

• HearPeers Heroes

You too @Marion nancy!

Let us know how your experience with AudioKey works out.  It is not yet available in the US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

We learned from Med-El US that we must choose either the FineTuner or the AudioKey app via the AudioLink with Sonnet 1 processors.

Are you able to confirm if we can use both the AudioKey app and the FineTuner Echo  with the Sonnet 2 and move back and forth between them at will?  Looks like we can which would be exciting.

11 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

That is terrific for Sonnet 2 users.  Thank you Verena!

@MED-EL Moderator

However can sonnet 1 users use fine tuner echo    With Audiokey  without audiolink.  Can sonnet 1 users use both of these options @Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

Med-El website shows that Sonnet 1 can only use the AudioKey app through the AudioLink intermediary device.  So I am just keeping my Sonnet 1 processors the way they are so I can keep using the regular FineTuner.  I am not having the program adjustment made on my Sonnet 1 processors that would stop it from working with my FineTuner and limit it to using the AudioKey app through the AudioLink.

If I upgrade to Sonnet 2 processors, I will happily use both the FineTuner Echo and the AudioKey app as remotes.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

Sonnet 2 has a built in BT connectivity that is not on the Sonnet 1.  Someone posted info about that.

@marybeth thank you for answering all my questions .  I also am staying with my fine tuner

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

It is nice that Med-El made a way for Sonnet 1 users to use the app if they prefer to.

But the app is much more user friendly with the Sonnet 2.  

Are you finding yourself using the AudioLink intermediary device?  I find I am just a better match for the Artone BT neckloop.

With thanks again@ mary Beth.  I agree

Unfortunately my Artone stopped functioning.  The new one I received is not charging properly. Smile waiting to hear from distributor.  I do miss it .  It is the clearest and has the best range.  

a wee bit disappointed with the Audiolink. Wonder if sonnet 2 users have better success.  Again thx 😊 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

I am sorry to hear of your Artone problem. My first Artone from 2016 is still going strong.  I have added two more since then so now three are in use.

I hope you get your Artone problem resolved soon.

I don’t know if the AudioLink will act any differently with Sonnet 2.  I haven’t seen anything about a change in that proprietary 2.4 internal receiver but there could be changes that aren’t made public.