Anyone using a Roger System with a CI processor on one side and a hearing aid on the other?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I remember reading someone’s comments about using their Roger Pen/Select with one CI and one HA.  Does anyone remember who that was?  @Melissa has questions about it.

I have Rondo 2 on my left and hearing aid on my right. I sometimes use the Roger Select for the TV. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tommy C

Are you using the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver with your Rondo 2 and HA on MT or T?

How is it working for you?

Yes, that is correct. I use it with the TV in certain circumstances.  I control the volume of the Rondo 2 with the neck loop and the volume of the hearing aid is controlled on the ha. I have a tel coil program in the h a. I tried to use the Roger S and neck loop with the phone but did not get good results. I could not understand and the person I was talking to could not understand me.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tommy C

I think the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop ($129 on Amazon) works much better for phone calls and it is more convenient.  Pair the Artone neckloop with your phone. It is so much lighter and smaller than the Roger MyLink neckloop.  Put your Rondo 2 and HA on MT.  Place the call or accept the call.  The phone can then just stay in your pocket.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tommy C

click on these pics to zoom in.  It is my review of the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  There are lots of happy Artone neckloop users here.

57AF6015-D048-47CA-8B75-909CE107E84E.jpeg

2696D230-9D4C-41E8-9841-C0BFB4F3F18C.jpeg

I have had problems understanding the TV sound. I found that if my wife was watching TV with me, I could get better understanding using the Roger S and the neck loop. It worked very well. I am starting to understand the TV better now with Rondo 2 and tv speakers. I am finding myself using the Roger less and less. I am progressing so well that I feel assistive devices will not be necessary. Most days I don't even use my hearing aid in my right ear. 

My last session with the audiologist my speach understanding was 80% and I think it is better now. I am using the phone by holding it above the Rondo 2 or speaker phone.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully @Tommy C!  

I use my Artone neckloop to stream audiobooks etc when I am listening alone.

The Artone looks interesting. At that price I may give it a try but I am doing pretty good just the phone above the Rondo 2 or on speaker phone. In the car the phone connected to the radio speakers works very well unless there is a lot of road noise. In that condition the Artone may be the solution.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tommy C

I do not use the Artone for phone calls.  I just place my phone near my processor mics.

The Artone may not be good in your vehicle due to electromagnetic interference when on MT/T.  You can test out your vehicle by switching to MT/T and see if you hear buzzing.  It varies greatly from one vehicle to another.  It seems like the more tech in the vehicle.....the more EMI.

Why would someone need Artone if one could use Audiolink to connect phone calls, etc to the processor? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Melissa

AudioLink streams phone calls from phones to Sonnet processors, not Rondo 1 nor 2 processors.

AudioLink and the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop are very different connectivity devices so they enable us to connect in different ways.  

People have personal preferences for how they like to connect.

My personal preferences for streaming audio.....

BOSE QC35 around the ear noise canceling BT headphones with my OPUS2 processors.  Absolutely amazing sound quality.  Terrific bass for music.  Super for airplane use.  (Can use for phone calls hands free too.  That was helpful once in a very noisy airport during an important phone call.)

Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop with my Rondos (works with Rondo 2 also), Sonnets and OPUS2 processors.  So small, light and convenient.  Excellent for audiobooks.  Very good for music.  True hands free phone calls.  Can be used with the optional Artone TVB and optional remote mic.

CozyPhones flat headband speakers with my Rondos (works with Rondo 2 also) for times when plugging in is needed with Rondos.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Melissa

I forgot to mention that the AudioLink will not send audio to a hearing aid.  That may be important for your son.

The Artone BT neckloop will send audio to any Med-El CI processor and any hearing aid as long as the hearing aid has an active telecoil.  Must be on MT setting for mix or T setting for streamed audio only.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:00 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Melissa

AudioLink streams phone calls from phones to Sonnet processors, not Rondo 1 nor 2 processors.

AudioLink and the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop are very different connectivity devices so they enable us to connect in different ways.  

People have personal preferences for how they like to connect.

My personal preferences for streaming audio.....

BOSE QC35 around the ear noise canceling BT headphones with my OPUS2 processors.  Absolutely amazing sound quality.  Terrific bass for music.  Super for airplane use.  (Can use for phone calls hands free too.  That was helpful once in a very noisy airport during an important phone call.)

Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop with my Rondos (works with Rondo 2 also), Sonnets and OPUS2 processors.  So small, light and convenient.  Excellent for audiobooks.  Very good for music.  True hands free phone calls.  Can be used with the optional Artone TVB and optional remote mic.

CozyPhones flat headband speakers with my Rondos (works with Rondo 2 also) for times when plugging in is needed with Rondos.

I would love to be able to know what music sounds like to you. My music experience could never justify such great headphones. While I do get enjoyment from quite a lot , I have to say the singing voice and orchestral music are unacceptable, mushy and squelchy. What small Improvement there is does not provide an acceptable sound. 

My guitar still sounds terrible. 

I'll keep trying.. 

Peter 

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

I love how music sounds!  The Grammy Nominee album 2016 will always hold a special place in my mind because it was the first album I learned the songs to just by listening!  No lyrics.  I was implanted in early 2015.

I can tell when the key of the songs change.  I hear the separate instrument voices.  Some songs bring goosebumps.

Just splendid!

I wish all interested CI users could enjoy music.

For me it was a journey that required training my brain.  A gift that opened slowly.

Each side had its own music journey.

Going bilateral helped a lot with musical pitch.