Audiolink Questions

Melissa

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the range of Audiolink, when using as a remote mic? If my son got Sonnet 2s, and used the Audiolink for sports, etc. how close would be have to be to the person wearing the Audiolink to hear?

Also, I know the Audiolink has an audioport for cable, but can I also plug in a device that has a USB type thing at the end rather than an old school round "headphone" type thing? I don't know the proper terminology, so don't let me know if you are laughing at me!

Melissa

• HearPeers Heroes

@Melissa

USB input can not be directly plugged into the AudioLink for audio in.  The AudioLink accepts cabled audio in via the enclosed headphone type cable or via the dock.

What kind of device would you want to attach to the AudioLink via a USB connection?

I am thinking my son may like to plug his videogame in, or his Kindle tablet or stuff when you are on a plane. I asked about the USB because it seems more things are losing the cable jack. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Melissa

Most devices have an optional headphone jack accessory so we can plug in headphones if desired. The AudioLink will be able to be plugged into those headphone jacks.

AudioLink is not supposed to be used on planes per Med-El.  That is true with all of those types of RF devices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, Melissa said:

I am thinking my son may like to plug his videogame in, or his Kindle tablet or stuff when you are on a plane. I asked about the USB because it seems more things are losing the cable jack. 

@melissa .  I am not sure about sonnet 2, however for sonnet 1 unfortunately the distance Is not terrific.  The Rogers pen has a much greater distance.  The difference I personally found between the 2 was the audiolink blocked out background noise better than Rogers BUT Rogers has a longer distance. Clearer BUT does not block the background noise as well as the Audiolink.  The lesser of 2 evils.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

The Roger system with Med-El is fixed at a 50/50 mix between the processor mic and the Roger input.

The AudioLink allows us to control the mix with the mix ratio button.

This may be what you are noticing.

The AudioLink has a default of 100% AudioLink input, 0% Sonnet mic input when it is used as a remote mic.  We can alter that with the mix ratio button.

Roger can give us 100% Roger input, 0% processor mic input if we use the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver on T.  We can also access other mixing ratios by adjusting the volume on the MyLink neckloop receiver and keeping the processor on MT.

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Marion nancy

The Roger system with Med-El is fixed at a 50/50 mix between the processor mic and the Roger input.

The AudioLink allows us to control the mix with the mix ratio button.

This may be what you are noticing.

The AudioLink has a default of 100% AudioLink input, 0% Sonnet mic input when it is used as a remote mic.  We can alter that with the mix ratio button.

Roger can give us 100% Roger input, 0% processor mic input if we use the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver on T.  We can also access other mixing ratios by adjusting the volume on the MyLink neckloop receiver and keeping the processor on MT.

@mary Beth.  Thank you I was not aware of all this data.  I just liked the audiolink better (crackle and all).  With Rogers I could not control the sound.  I do not have a mylink.

May I ask with audiolink we can use the mic with the Mx button or mic alone.  I am still playing with it

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

If we are using the AudioLink as a remote mic (clipped to someone or set on a table), it will default to 100% AudioLink sound and 0% processor mic sound.  We can change that ratio by using the mix button on the AudioLink.  Repeated presses will keep altering the mix ratio.  Our Sonnets stay on M setting the whole time.

Did I answer your question or did I misunderstand your question?  

54 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Marion nancy

If we are using the AudioLink as a remote mic (clipped to someone or set on a table), it will default to 100% AudioLink sound and 0% processor mic sound.  We can change that ratio by using the mix button on the AudioLink.  Repeated presses will keep altering the mix ratio.  Our Sonnets stay on M setting the whole time.

Did I answer your question or did I misunderstand your question?  

Very much.  As a senior senior it has been a tremendous amount of “tech savvy” for me to learn and appreciate all the input 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

Feel free too ask as many questions as you want.  That’s why we are here!  To help each other on our journeys.

13 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Marion nancy

Feel free too ask as many questions as you want.  That’s why we are here!  To help each other on our journeys.

@Mary Bethi have reached out to the Canadian MED-EL inquiring if and what can be done to alleviate the static/crackle with audiolink specifically on mic.  She is looking into this and will get back to me hopefully with an answer.  

Page 26 trouble shooting suggests lowering volume.  Will post when I hear back for all.