Artone 3 Neckloop

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

I've had my Artone 3 neckloop for a couple of years now - I first got it right after activation and used it for audiobooks for rehab.  Lately I haven't used it much but at work our meetings are cancelled due to the need for social distancing - which in practice means conference calls.  I tried using the speakerphone on my office phone but it's not very clear.  Got out my neckloop, charged it up, and BINGO.

I've been in several meetings a day and have been able to hear most of what's going on.  It's amazing.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

The Artone neckloop is amazing.

Are your conference calls audio only or are you using a video meeting platform?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth audio only.  We could actually do video, but nobody does.  We're all on the phone, and if we need to see a file or something people can display their computer screen, but I've never seen anyone do a video conference.  At least, since our acquisition.  We used to have a video conference setup back before 3M bought us - we had regular meetings with the team in the UK.  And back then, there wasn't a chance I'd hear.  🙂

• HearPeers Heroes

My department is working from home. We connect via Microsoft Teams every work day. There is video and audio. I'm amazed that I can hear what my colleagues are saying when I have minimised the window and I'm working in another app. This would not have been possible without my CI. I've been wearing only Rondo2 since last week when I started to work from home. 

I've also been doing a lot of Zoom meetings and hear well with just Rondo2. 

Artone is still my goto ALD if I'm in office and have a webinar though. Also great for listening to music! 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

I am thankful for this gift of hearing that is enabling me to hear hours and hours of remote meetings and instruction.  

• Like 4

I bought an Artone neck loop.  Maybe it is defective.  While it is charging, it flashes red for awhile, and blue and

red.  Also, when it is charged, should I unplug it, or can I leave it plugged in until I use it.  I am doing

audiobooks and CDs for training.  How would I use the Artone neck loop in this situation?

Thanks for any help.  Addey

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Addey

It may be fine.

You pair it to your phone/tablet/etc by pressing and holding the center button until it alternates red/blue.  Then let go.

If you see it flash 3 red first, that means it was on and now you turned it off.  Wait a moment and press and hold the center button until you see the alternating red and blue lights. Then let go.

Look on your device (phone) under BlueTooth and select the Artone.

Now you are paired.

Your device will show a headphone symbol which means it will send all audio to the Artone.

Volune control is on your phone and on the Artone.

But it around your neck.  Set your processor to MT (mix 50/50) or T (streamed audio only) with your FineTuner remote.

Enjoy!