Krista

Issues with AudioLink

Hello I am new to Hear Peers and have a 15 year old son with bilateral CIs. He’s been implanted for over 10 years. We upgraded his processors from Opus 2s to Sonnet 1 about three years ago.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced a “scratchy” noise while using the AudioLink? He uses Roger system by Phonak during the school year, so we decided to purchase the AudioLink to stream through his phone etc...for summer. He’s complaining about scratchy noises while streaming. We downloaded the A2DPblocker app to go completely wireless and still he’s experiencing the scratchy noises. He hates it. I’ve contacted our audiologist but wanted to know if anyone here has experienced this and if you’ve found a solution? Not sure if he needs a special MAP to use AudioLink. We’ve done all suggested troubleshooting so far.

@Krista

Welcome to HearPeers.

I have the AudioLink as well.  I experience the same problems your son is reporting.  Poor sound quality and connectivity issues.  I have friends who also have the same experience with AudioLink.

Med-El replaced my AudioLink because I thought it must be defective.  The new replacement AudioLink has the same problems.

I do not know a fix for this.

I am using the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop to stream all audio from my phone to my processors on MT or T setting.  It works great for me.  It is available on Amazon for $129.  By far, this BT neckloop delivers the best audio to my processors.  I learned about it from Med-El.  In other countries it is included in processor kits.  There are a lot of people in HPs who also use it.

Wishing your son the best.

Link to info on Artone 3 MAX

http://www.handsonhearing.com/user-review-on-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/

5 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Krista

Welcome to HearPeers.

I have the AudioLink as well.  I experience the same problems your son is reporting.  Poor sound quality and connectivity issues.  I have friends who also have the same experience with AudioLink.

Med-El replaced my AudioLink because I thought it must be defective.  The new replacement AudioLink has the same problems.

I do not know a fix for this.

I am using the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop to stream all audio from my phone to my processors on MT or T setting.  It works great for me.  It is available on Amazon for $129.  By far, this BT neckloop delivers the best audio to my processors.  I learned about it from Med-El.  In other countries it is included in processor kits.  There are a lot of people in HPs who also use it.

Wishing your son the best.

Thanks for the info Mary Beth!!!

Just wondering if Medel reimbursed you then? I'm a bit disappointed with this. 

Also, does the neck loop have to be worn around the neck? My son will never wear a neck loop. He would rather go without than stand out even more than he already does lol. He's more of a "load up your pockets" kinda guy, also it's more for him to have to care for. The AudioLink seemed so perfect.

@Krista

I understand your son.  I am a Teacher of the Deaf and I work with many teens with cochlear implants.  Finding the right tech is very individual.  This neckloop is very tiny and easily worn under a shirt.

Some CI users prefer to use around the ear BT headphones.  Many of their hearing friends use headphones so they blend in.  My favorite around the ear BT headphones is BOSE QC35.  Great sound.  Awesome bass.