Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello I have had my implant for 4 weeks and I what to know what people do for a haircut. Do you shave the area where the processor  goes or use Nair or what. Now my wife curs it with hair clippers everyday, If not it falls off 60 times a day. does some one make a shaver that just shaves a round area the size of a half dollar. I cut out a piece of plastic and when my wife is ready to cut my hair. I put on the cochlear processor and mare sure it is in the right place. She then puts the plastic cut out around it and removes the processor . and cuts everything in the circle with a small clipper. This works but I have to do it everyday because the hair grows out (not shaved) and pushes to implant off my head 50 to 60 times a day. It is better when I wear a hat but I am not the hat kind of guy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Ernie and welcome to HearPeers!

 

Congratulations on your new CI.

Have you discussed this with your audiologist?

It is still early weeks for you so you may have internal swelling still.

Which processor are you using?

Typical solutions include:

-discuss magnet strength with audiologist

-use a headband temporarily until this resolves 

 

There are processor specific options too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Hi @Ernie and welcome to HearPeers!

 

Congratulations on your new CI.

Have you discussed this with your audiologist?

It is still early weeks for you so you may have internal swelling still.

Which processor are you using?

n is very confused 

-discuss magnet strength with audiologist

-use a headband temporarily until this resolves 

 

There are processor specific options too.

Thanks for the come back No the swelling so completely gone The surgeon is amazed at my progress. At 2 weeks I was ready for my processor and the minute they put it own I could hear and understand everything and everyone   O my  processor is a nucleus 7. I am interested in the hair cut problem 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Ernie! Welcome to the group 😁

Congrats on your CI. @Mary Beth has touched on some good points/solutions. I have really long, thick hair (now thanks to the pandemic) and when I put my sonnet or rondo on - I tilt my head and I slide the processor up as opposed to sliding down or straight on. If I don’t do it right, the processor doesn’t stick at all no matter what magnet strength 🤣  maybe a stronger magnet would help. My Audi was conservative and didn’t do the strongest magnet when I was first activated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ernie said:

Thanks for the come back No the swelling so completely gone The surgeon is amazed at my progress. At 2 weeks I was ready for my processor and the minute they put it own I could hear and understand everything and everyone   O my  processor is a nucleus 7. I am interested in the hair cut problem 

 

I saw Beth that you came back but the computer burped and I lost you and I am very interested in talking to you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Megan L. said:

Hi @Ernie! Welcome to the group 😁

Congrats on your CI. @Mary Beth has touched on some good points/solutions. I have really long, thick hair (now thanks to the pandemic) and when I put my sonnet or rondo on - I tilt my head and I slide the processor up as opposed to sliding down or straight on. If I don’t do it right, the processor doesn’t stick at all no matter what magnet strength 🤣  maybe a stronger magnet would help. My Audi was conservative and didn’t do the strongest magnet when I was first activated.

Thank you for the comeback I have short hair but want to know do you shave the circle area where it implant goes I have cut it with a small clippers and the next day have to do it again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

Hi @Ernie and welcome to HearPeers!

 

Congratulations on your new CI.

Have you discussed this with your audiologist?

It is still early weeks for you so you may have internal swelling still.

Which processor are you using?

Typical solutions include:

-discuss magnet strength with audiologist

-use a headband temporarily until this resolves 

 

There are processor specific options too.

Are you still around

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ernie no I don’t shave the spot where the magnet from the processor goes. It’s not necessary. I wiggle my magnet/processor so it has close contact to my skin. Since you’re so recent from surgery, it could be internal swelling. My surgeon told me it could take 6 months for the internal swelling to completely go down. Not sure if the same applies 4 years later. I would check with your audiologist about the processor not staying on your head. They would be able to advise if you need a stronger magnet if needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Megan L. said:

@Ernie no I don’t shave the spot where the magnet from the processor goes. It’s not necessary. I wiggle my magnet/processor so it has close contact to my skin. Since you’re so recent from surgery, it could be internal swelling. My surgeon told me it could take 6 months for the internal swelling to completely go down. Not sure if the same applies 4 years later. I would check with your audiologist about the processor not staying on your head. They would be able to advise if you need a stronger magnet if needed

the problem checking with anyone is cov1 19, My next apt is in August 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ernie are you able to get your audiologist’s email? I email my Audi for appointments and if I’m experiencing any issues. It’s very been very helpful during this pandemic time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...