BoneBridge for Single Sided defness (damaged cochlear auditory nerve)

Mohammad

hello,

first of all i have to say sorry if my English is not good and if I'm [posting in wrong forum.

2 month ago i had an accustic neuroma surgery which caused i lose my hearing totally in left side.

it seems my cochlear and auditory nerve is damaged. before surgery i had a good hearing.and now i also have a loud tinnitus.my whole life changed after surgery and i wish i didn't do that.although my tumor was very large but if i knew what i am going through i would decided to live with tumor risk.

anyway I'm trying to find a solution to have better hearing in noisy and loud environments.My Audiologist gave me some options like cros hearing aids and BoneBridge implant,

but I'm not sure if it's a good because my hearing loss is sshl and my cochlear will never work again.and i'm not a candidate for cl.

i hope someone help me. i am really depressed and i think my life is over :(

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mohammad

I am so sorry you are experiencing this.  Tinnitus and sudden loss of hearing post surgery is a lot to get used to.  I will tag @MED-EL Moderator and hope they can put you in touch with your region’s Med-El team.  Wishing you the best.

@Mary Beth thanks for tagging us! 

@Mohammad welcome to the HearPeers forum. 

Sorry to read about your experiences. We'd liketo get you in touch with a MED-EL representative in Iran. They can provide more information about BONEBRIDGE and answer all your questions. I will send you a private message with more details. 

Best regards, Verena 

• Like 2

thank you so much for reply and helping,

may i ask if a vestibular shwanoma is resection with nerves  , then cochlear implant is not  option?

18 hours ago, Mohammad said:

thank you so much for reply and helping,

may i ask if a vestibular shwanoma is resection with nerves  , then cochlear implant is not  option?

Hi Mohammad, 

We cannot give out specific medical advice here for legal reasons, so it is best to ask your hearing professional. We have also passed on your information to our team in Iran who will be able to look more into your case and help find the right option for you. 

Kind regards, 

Mary