Sonnet battery cover lifespan

Hila

Wondering what is the common or average life of a battery cover.  I understand some users experience battery cover going bad due to sweat or maybe other factors? What is the longest you used one without it going bad?  Does ear gear help prolong the life of our battery covers? 

Just now, Jewel said:

@Nikki I've been using mine for almost 2 years and no issues. 

Yes same here

Except one time at sweaty yoga lesson, but I swapped covers back between my left and right sonnets and  it worked. 

After that I started using rechargeables. 

Are you using rechargeables only? @Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

I have exercised in my Sonnet and I just wipe off the battery cover with a damp cloth and then place in the UV dryer. Anytime I wear the Sonnet, I put it in the dryer along with the battery cover. 

I usually use rechargeable batteries. I still haven't finished the box of disposables that came in my kit. 

How many covers came in your kit? I got 3.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

There have been reports of the false dead battery beeps in Sonnets being related to a specific brand of CI batteries.  For me Zeni Power CI batteries produced false dead battery beeps often.  Power One Implant plus batteries have been fine.

I had a Sonnet battery cover last only 1 year.  It became too loose and then had to be replaced.  I put my battery covers in the dry kit every night.  I had used rechargeable batteries but the numbers of hours kept diminishing so I stopped using them and switched to Power One Implant disposable batteries.

14 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Nikki

I had a Sonnet battery cover last only 1 year.  It became too loose and then had to be replaced.  I put my battery covers in the dry kit every night.  I had used rechargeable batteries but the numbers of hours kept diminishing so I stopped using them and switched to Power One Implant disposable batteries.

@Mary Beth

So basically, the battery door becoming loose is the most common problem for which it needs to be replaced? 

@Jewel yes i've got 3 extras just trying to plan out how many I could possibly need  since someday soon my disposable are going to stop giving me 9 or 10 hours and i'll be using them with disposables...  

Hopefully with implant plus they will still work properly,  even if I get sweaty and as long as I can dry them off and continue using them.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

The two issues I have read about Sonnet battery covers are...

1) becomes too loose and does not work correctly with disposable batteries

2) small rubber seal at the connection of the Sonnet control unit and the battery door gets damaged and does not close/seal correctly

My Sonnets work fine with PowerOne Implant disposable batteries.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

I have been pleased with the performance of the PowerOne implant plus batteries that came in my kit. So I purchased a box of that brand on Amazon just in case. The disposables work a bit over 2 days for me. I usually use them when I'm travelling overseas or going to all day functions where I don't want to have to change batteries mid-way 

Since rechargeables are so expensive I may just use disposables whenever my rechargeables give out. I get about 9 hours from the rechargeables. 

Do you normally place your battery cover in the dryer every night? 

Thanks @Jewelwas always putting everything in,  except the battery but last night I was wondering if the heat from the UV could possibly damage the cover. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't think anything is wrong with putting the battery cover in the dryer every night. @Nikki

• 1 month later...

I am coming up on two years with my Sonnet. My audi told me to change my mic covers every three months, which I do. I have been wondering lately though about replacement of other items such as cables. Is there a schedule anywhere on the Med-el website and/or a trouble shooting guide? I’ve just changed my mic covers but have noticed that sound seems a bit muted lately. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Margo

I replace the cable when needed. I always keep spare new cables.  So if I am wondering if the sound quality issue I am having is due to the cable I do 2 things....

first, I just detach and reattach the same cable and see if the sound quality is back to normal.  Sometimes this solves it.

if not....

second I attach a new cable and see if the sound quality is back to normal.

There is no set timeline for replacing any other parts except for the mic covers.