Sounding Robotic

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

This week I have noticed that my voice sounds robotic but all external sounds aren't. They sound the way they normally do, like how it was when I had normal hearing.

I changed my mic cover and although there was a slight improvement, my voice still sounds robotic. Anyone else has experienced this? I can't figure out what else I should do in order to resolve the problem. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Have you worn your Rondo 2 to see if your voice sounds natural with the Rondo 2?  If yes, then you know it is a Sonnet processor issue.

When my Sonnets have sound quality issues, this is what I do.... (since it is in the dry kit every night I did not list that).... 

- try a different battery

- replace mic cover

-remove cable from both coil and sound processor, remove battery pack or rechargeable adapter....then reattach

-replace cable 

-move onto a different program to see if somehow the program got corrupted 

-clean battery contacts

If all of this fails, then I replace the sound processor under warranty with my MAPs loaded.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Actually I'm having this problem with the Rondo2. I don't know how to troubleshoot that. 

But when I get home I will check how my voice sounds with my Sonnets. 

Thanks. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Sorry I thought it was the Sonnet.   Hmmm... I don’t think I have seen any way we are to periodically clean the Rondo 2.  I’ll look around a bit.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Have you tried a different program to see if that one sounds off too?

• HearPeers Heroes
27 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Thanks @Mary Beth

I've never seen this before. I will check when I get home. 

Since my October appointment all my programs except one sound awful so I stick to one program. Will still check when I get home as I don't have the fine tuner on me. 

On 8/13/2020 at 4:30 AM, Jewel said:

This week I have noticed that my voice sounds robotic but all external sounds aren't. They sound the way they normally do, like how it was when I had normal hearing.

I changed my mic cover and although there was a slight improvement, my voice still sounds robotic. Anyone else has experienced this? I can't figure out what else I should do in order to resolve the problem. 

Hi jewel 

I also experience voice and TV voices sounding different at different times. I don't really register my own voice. Voices tend to sound more gravelly in the evenings.  External sounds remain clear. 

I'll pay attention today and check. 

Peter 

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

@Brownielove20

I tried the troubleshooting tips on the Med-El website. Idk why my speech processor blinks even when I am not talking! Anyway, I decided to change the mic cover although I had changed it a few weeks ago. My voice doesn't sound as bad as it did before. It sounds more natural. 

I also switched between programs and my voice sounds pretty much the same on all 4 programs. I should have checked this before doing the mic cover change. 

Anyway I am good to go tomorrow! 

Hi Jewel

No problems with my own voice yesterday. My voice doesn't change on different programs either.

Peter

On 8/13/2020 at 4:30 AM, Jewel said:

Tonight my voice and my wife's sound robotic. As they say in south Africa 'yeah well no fine '

Peter 

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

This may be due to listening fatigue.  As your brain builds up its listening skills, this may disappear.  I hope that happens for you soon.

14 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@pdk

This may be due to listening fatigue.  As your brain builds up its listening skills, this may disappear.  I hope that happens for you soon.

This topic is getting interesting. 

I actually thought it happened because I had not been listening to anything while messing on the PC for a couple of hours. After watching TV in the evening voices sounded higher pitched and less robotic. 

This morning I have a frog in my throat so it's difficult to tell what's happening. My left ear is now so poor that I cannot make a comparison. One good thing is it's not affecting my ability to hear. I'm understanding the comentory on TV without watching it. 

So now if You See Me walking round the house talking and singing to my self, I'm not madder than usual. 

P. S.  I thought I could record my voice and then you would be able to tell me if you can hear the difference. 😀

I must also say that the whole experience is magic and will continue being so. 

Peter