Sensorineural hearing loss and Rondo2

tmscarlett10

Hi there, 

I see a lot going on here about Rondo2, but I am very particular, so I'm starting a new topic here. 

Since my first evaluation, I thought I had my head stuck on the Rondo 2. I really want something off the ear, since my ears have long been bothered by the combination of glasses with hearing aids, and now masks!

This is, until finding the 'Sonnet2 vs Rondo2 comparison chart', and apparently while Sonnet provides directionality and wind resistance, Rondo does not. 

Does anybody with sensorineural hearing loss and Rondo2 - whether in one ear or two - have problems with these things? 

I would greatly appreciate some insight on this! 

Additionally, what's up with this Rondo3?! Is it already out? Haven't heard of it until coming onto this site. 

THANKS! ! :)

Edited by tmscarlett10
Typos

• tmscarlett10 changed the title to Sensorineural hearing loss and Rondo2
  • HearPeers Heroes

@tmscarlett10

Rondo 3 has two mics, directionality etc.  it is FDA approved expected by end of year according to Med-El US.  There is a Rondo swap program for new surgeries. 

I am looking forward to Rondo 3 as my upgrade processors.

Thank you @Mary Beth,

Would you mind explaining this Rondo swap program? As I have not yet been implanted - have an appointment with surgeon this week, but no surgery date yet - maybe I can wait for Rondo3 to come out. I don't even know how long I would have to wait for a surgery date, and since it is already September, and Rondo3 is supposed to come out at the end of this year, I suppose I could wait a few more months if I had to (I've been waiting 20 years, a few more months won't matter).

But I am still interested on how this swap program works. It sounds interesting.

• HearPeers Heroes

@tmscarlett10

Rondo swap allows you to have your surgery now and swap your Rondo 2 for a Rondo 3 when it is released.  No need to postpone surgery or delay your CI journey.

follow this link

https://hearlife.medel.com/en-us/local/us-pages/rondo-swap-information

D83DFB71-DA78-446F-B553-775AC4E91808.png

E7271098-BA7E-4B94-BD1F-ECC4AEA98152.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @tmscarlett10

Welcome to HearPeers.

I have sensorineural hearing loss in both ears. Both ears need a CI but I'm only implanted in one ear. I have Sonnet and Rondo2. I wear them interchangeably. I personally prefer Rondo2 especially now with COVID-19 where I have to wear a mask on my ears. I hear much better with Rondo2 but I find that Sonnet is better in noisy environments. However, this should not be an issue with Rondo3. 

If I was going to have surgery now I would probably go with Rondo 3. I see that Mary Beth has posted about the swap promotion. 

All the best with your journey. 

Thank you @Jewel,

I see a lot of people mentioning they have two rondos or two sonnets, or one of each; but I assumed that they were implanted in both ears. From your comment, I am not thinking that anymore.

How is it that you have two processors when you only have one CI?

There is a lot that I need to discuss with my surgeon this week :)

• HearPeers Heroes
2 minutes ago, tmscarlett10 said:

Thank you @Jewel,

I see a lot of people mentioning they have two rondos or two sonnets, or one of each; but I assumed that they were implanted in both ears. From your comment, I am not thinking that anymore.

How is it that you have two processors when you only have one CI?

There is a lot that I need to discuss with my surgeon this week :)

@tmscarlett10

I had surgery at a two processor center, meaning I could opt for two processors in my kit. I chose two Sonnets. Then, before my surgery, Med-El USA ran a PLUSRONDO promotion and so when the Rondo2 was released, I got a free Rondo2! So I have three processors for one ear 😊

Oh! That's really interesting!
I will have to find out how many processors my center offers.