Audio link

karenRS

My second implant was switched on a couple of weeks ago and things are going great. I'm practicing of course listening to audio book etc. This time I was given the audiolink which I'm having problems with. I have tried to hook it up via cable to my iPad and CD player. After a short while my processor gives the low battery beep even with a new battery and then cuts out. It doesn't do that when I hook it up via Bluetooth but the sound isn't as good. Has anyone else had this problem?

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

congratulations on your second CI.

I agree that the sound quality with AudioLink is better when devices are directly cabled into the AudioLink rather than through the app.

Are you using disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?

Sonnet 2 processor?

By any chance do you have the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop?  It is my favorite streaming device.  Audiobooks sound terrific.  (Amazon or Harris Communications $129)

Here is a link to my review of the Artone.  I have no financial connection to the company.  I just love their device.

http://www.handsonhearing.com/user-review-on-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/

Thanks for that battery suggestion. It worked! I've been using the Power One implant batteries because I find it too annoying to change batteries in the middle of the day. I was just about to chuck the audiolink in a drawer much like I did with the Roger link and pen but I used the rechargeable batteries with the cable and audiolink and it solved the problem. Haven't tried the Artone neckloop but it can hook up to an iPad or phone or BT directly without having to use a microphone like the roger pen?

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

I’m glad your AudioLink is working now.

Yes this tiny, light Artone BT neckloop connects to any BT device and works independently of needing a microphone transmitter.  Great sound. Truly hands free.  Great distance.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@David

I do not have a BT enabled cordless phone to run a test.  My Artone has connected to every BT device I have.

If it doesn’t connect to a BT cordless phone, you could use the Artone TVB as long as that can plug into your cordless phone.

Maybe @phobos512 has tried his Artone and a BT cordless phone?