Using the mini battery pack with Rondo 3

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

If we attach the mini battery pack to a Rondo 3 processor that still has a charged internal battery, will the Rondo 3 use the power from the mini battery pack or keep using its internal power?

I am wondering if on a long listening day that exceeds the number of hours of the internal battery, we could choose to use the mini battery pack in the morning even though the internal battery is charged so that later we can remove the MBP and use the internal battery well into the long listening day.

Hi @Mary Beth, I've now heard back from our product experts. 

Yes, you are right, using the mini battery pack in the morning to extend battery life would work. As soon as RONDO 3 is connected to the mini battery pack, the audio processor uses the mini battery pack's battery, no matter how much the internal battery is charged :)

Hope that answers your question! 

Best, Verena 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Mary Beth

That was a very interesting question and the answer should give confidence to Rondo3 user who have battery life concerns.

Thanks

On 12/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @Mary Beth, I've now heard back from our product experts. 

Yes, you are right, using the mini battery pack in the morning to extend battery life would work. As soon as RONDO 3 is connected to the mini battery pack, the audio processor uses the mini battery pack's battery, no matter how much the internal battery is charged :)

Hope that answers your question! 

Best, Verena 

is it same with Rondo 2 as i have never use battery pack before, it will be good option for me in travelling. However I wish Rondo 3 with battery pack would have re-charged the internal battery or extend the internal battery life.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Salik

Rondo 3 has a different cable that plugs into your own power pack.  It runs the Rondo 3 and also recharges its battery.

I am just not sure if I want to carry around 2 power packs and cables or if I want to carry around 2 MBP and cables.  In all honesty, I wish the Rondo 3 had a longer internal battery life.

2 hours ago, Salik said:

is it same with Rondo 2 as i have never use battery pack before, it will be good option for me in travelling. However I wish Rondo 3 with battery pack would have re-charged the internal battery or extend the internal battery life.

Hi @Salik, yes, the mini battery pack can also be used with RONDO 2. Please find more information on our website: https://www.medel.com/support/product-support/audio-processors/rondo2/du_rondo2_mini_battery_pack 

Best regards, Verena