Rondo Magnet

Dave in Pittsburgh

If you are experiencing your Rondo slipping or if you use the hair clip or collar clip as I use to use. I had the S3 magnet and I called customer service  as I was experiencing Rondo slipping and I really dislike the tethers hanging on my head customer service suggest to try the S4 they have to call your audiologists for permission also remember to ask for the magnet tool both items are no charge the 4 magnet work like a charm I no longer have to wear the the tether l can walk fast ,I run50 stairs steps 2 times a week no problem even with a hat. This is just an idea I like to share 

• HearPeers Heroes
21 minutes ago, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

If you are experiencing your Rondo slipping or if you use the hair clip or collar clip as I use to use. I had the S3 magnet and I called customer service  as I was experiencing Rondo slipping and I really dislike the tethers hanging on my head customer service suggest to try the S4 they have to call your audiologists for permission also remember to ask for the magnet tool both items are no charge the 4 magnet work like a charm I no longer have to wear the the tether l can walk fast ,I run50 stairs steps 2 times a week no problem even with a hat. This is just an idea I like to share 

I had no idea that people were wearing the tether because the processor was falling off their head.  I've never had that happen (well, I lie, I once bumped it on the headrest in the car and it did come off).  I'm just paranoid about something that expensive and critical getting lost.  I know the back of my head probably looks weird with two Rondo2s and two hair clips, but I'm not bothered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 5:23 PM, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

@Dave in PittsburghThis is good info! Did they charge you for the 4 magnet? I had assumed that since I was a 3 on the Sonnet coil that I'd be the same on the Rondo 3, but I can shake it off my head barely trying. I just got my Rondo 3, it's not even programmed yet.  I'm doing remote programming with my audi, so I hope MED-EL doesn't give too much grief letting me order and install the magnet without going in to a clinic.

@Justin There no charge for changing magnet just call customer service also request a magnet changing tool which is a no charge item also customer service will contact your audiologists for authorization.There is no hassle in doing this

Good Luck 

• Like 2

@Justin I forgot to add this like you I went from a 3 to a 5 the 4 magnet work fine but the hat interfered the 5 work great

• 2 weeks later...

I was given strength 2 and strength 3 magnets. I find that the 2 falls off more than the 3, but if I wear the 3 for too long, it starts hurting. 

I don't care too much for the clips either, but they do their jobs very well. 😉

My audiologist told me that it might take time to adjust to the weaker magnet since it's so early on. 

She also told me to part my hair and move it out of the way before placing it. Does this help, or is it kind of just to hide it? I don't want to hide it! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@tmscarlett10

It is not uncommon to need a stronger magnet at first while we are still healing internally from surgery.  But a magnet that causes discomfort is never a good idea.

Parting your hair and placing the Rondo 3 underneath will help your magnet 2 stay better connected.  You may find that you can wear it on top of your hair with a good connection in a couple of months.

• Like 2

Thank you, @Mary Beth, I am definitely sticking with the Strength2 magnet. Though, I find that whether or not I part my hair, it falls off just the same... I have very fine hair, so that is probably why.