Three Pin plugs - Where can I buy?

Mr-LJ

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi, I'm looking to purchase some of these special type hearing aid plugs.... Doe's anyone know where I can buy them from? I've scanned ebay and all the usual places but have now run out of ideas. Help!

plug.jpg.5ea870a5ae554b3db8af3399d4dfb880.jpg

@moderator - Picture file size requirements are incredibly small, is it possible to increase the file size allowed?

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator please see Lawrence’s post above

@Mr-LJ search for direct audio input cable  hearing aid online and you should get several options

connevans in the UK seems to offer them 

https://www.connevans.co.uk/catalogue/208/Personal-stereo-blue-plug-direct-input-leads

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @Mary Beth I have had cables from Connevans before. I may have to buy some more, to cut up. 🥴

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth thanks for tagging us! 

@Mr-LJ have you been in touch with the MED-EL UK team about this? They'll be happy to assist you with this :) 

You can get in touch via: 

MED-EL UK Ltd
3 Park Square, Thorncliffe Park | Sheffield
Phone +44 330 1235601 | Email customerservice@medel.co.uk

Best regards, Verena

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary BethThank you Mary, and for those two links. I have seen the first link that you found and I would have to buy two cables to make up a stereo set. I've not seen the second site that the link takes me, but the cable looks everso like the Connevans type. I read on the trustpilot for Connevans that someone had discovered that it is Connevans who have had these cables made up, and as they are the makers and that no one else makes these, then they charge what they like. Probably made for them to their design, in China, for pence/cents. 😠

The best I have found, and have made a purchase is this..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Siemens-Quality-Hearing-Aid-3-pin-Cable-Cord-Wire-for-Body-Aids-Hearing-Aids/193071704566?var=493261340546 Ideal, although the cable is a bit ugly, reminds me of the old box type hearing aids from childhood, but hey, it is not going to be seen.

So, what am I doing? I want to make up something like this in the picture... Obviously I would need to cut off the ear buds as they would be of no use to me, and in place I want to put the three pin plugs so I can insert into DAI shoe on HA and battery slide on processor. I'm sure someone could manufacture these on a larger scale but as it was MY idea, I can only allow them to be made for a very few £ and $ 🤣🤣🤣

@MED-EL Moderator Thanks for the suggestion of contacting the UK store, I don't think that Med-el would sell the plugs on their own as I can't see them/you selling components for us to make up our own accessories. Another thing..... the inserting of pictures.... this is an inserted link which would eventually expire or become dead. I was only allowed 3.5kB to use for uploading my own pictures, which is much too low. An uploaded picture file would be much better than a link to a photo. I'm wondering if forum members are only allocated a certain space for uploading of pictures? 🤔

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

I am intrigued by your design plan for the DAI jacks.  Keep us posted.

Hi @Mr-LJ thanks for letting me know. I'd still check with the UK office, if they cannot offer the component you're looking for, they might know where to get it in the UK :) 

Regarding the images: Depending on your member status you're allowed a certain space for uploading of images. I've manually upgraded you to a HearPeers Hero now, so you should have more space. Hope that helps! 

Best, Verena 

• Like 2