Artone 3 vs Roger Pen & MyLink

Andy

Hi,

im asking for advice and opinions on users who have both the above devices and whether you notice a distinct difference in quality of sound from using both for audio from devices such as phone/laptop..etc. when playing/watching audio or video streams.

I’ve never been able to get used to the Roger Pen or MyLink neckloop, and having been asked to get Occupational Health (work) involved, they seem to be really pushing the Roger tech. I much prefer the quality of sound and ease of use of Artone, but my work laptop is not Bluetooth compatible... 😔.

Does anyone else notice the difference in sound quality of both devices?

thanks in advance.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andy

Since you already know that you prefer the Artone, you can purchase the Artone TVB and plug it into your computer.  After you pair it with your Artone neckloop, all audio will go from your computer to your neckloop.

Thanks, but it’s more of a query as to whether other users notice a distinct difference in sound quality?

personally, I do...

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andy

Yes I have Roger and Artone and I do notice a difference in sound quality.

I use Artone.  It is the best fit for me.

AudioStream is excellent for cellphone audio direct to Sonnet/Sonnet 2.

• 4 months later...

Marybeth I have a question regarding the performance and ease of use of the Artone 3 Max  neck  Loop how does it compare in performance reception sound quality to Audiolink / Clear sounds Quattro  and to the AudioStream if you have the experience and I think from what I see you have used all of them thanks 

As you know because of the recent pairing problems I have had with audio stream and iPad I was wondering if I should get the artone 3 max  as a secondary backup device to  use on the iPad 

Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

@SKOM

I am happy to share my preferences.  Tech is very individual.  Your preference may vary.

For ease of use, range, ability to choose 50/50 or 100/0 mix ratio, hands free calls- Artone wins

Convenience, no extra charging of items, true separate left and right instrumentals- AudioStream wins

Remote mic in noise- Roger Select + Roger receiver wins

Music with deep bass, use on planes- BOSE QC35 headphones win

AudioLink is not a great match for me. I prefer no cables and better range.

With my iPad, I happily use Artone.

Thank you so much Marybeth for your feedback and thoughts

yes you are right every individual Preferences for different technology used to adapt to different types of environment will vary I do appreciate your honest feedback I may end up getting the Artone  to try it out/ the only hesitation I had was because although the neckloop communicates with devices via  Bluetooth and connects  to the audio processor by TCoil  which has its own  inherent static and disturbance

I guess The only way to know how tolerable and acceptable the static will be Is by  trying it out

thank you

• HearPeers Heroes

@SKOM

There are several options for purchasing the Artone in the US.

If return and refund is a priority, consider Amazon or Diglo (check their return policies).

If warranty is a priority- but no ability to return for a refund- consider the US Med-El Webshop.  (Ask your CSR about the warranty period from Med-El on the Artone.)

I have been using the Artone neckloop almost daily since 2016 when Med-El introduced me to it.  I prefer it so much more than the Quattro neckloop I had been using.  In fact I quickly donated my Quattro neckloops and purchased a second Artone.  It is my most used piece of tech.

Link to my review of Artone.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:33 AM, Mary Beth said:

@SKOM

There are several options for purchasing the Artone in the US.

If return and refund is a priority, consider Amazon or Diglo (check their return policies).

If warranty is a priority- but no ability to return for a refund- consider the US Med-El Webshop.  (Ask your CSR about the warranty period from Med-El on the Artone.)

I have been using the Artone neckloop almost daily since 2016 when Med-El introduced me to it.  I prefer it so much more than the Quattro neckloop I had been using.  In fact I quickly donated my Quattro neckloops and purchased a second Artone.  It is my most used piece of tech.

Link to my review of Artone.

I just bought an Artone from Amazon I also have had the quatro  for many years since Med El initially introduced it to me about 10 years ago

Thanks so much Marybeth 

as you also know when and if audio stream becomes more reliable and we are  able to adjust the mixing of the audio stream this will be unbeatable!!

• HearPeers Heroes

@SKOM

I agree that a few tweaks to AudioStream - definitely allowing us an easy way to get 100/0 streamed audio only mix - and it will be unbeatable.  Smile

I am an AudioStream fan.

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2021 at 10:57 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Andy

Since you already know that you prefer the Artone, you can purchase the Artone TVB and plug it into your computer.  After you pair it with your Artone neckloop, all audio will go from your computer to your neckloop.

@Mary Beth

If you alternate use of the Artone neck loop between both the TVB and your smartphone, do you need to pair the neck loop each time you change the source?

• HearPeers Heroes

@artkup

The neckloop can pair with 2 devices.

The neckloop battery slowly decreases over time.  I have 2 so one is always charged and ready to go. 

Not to brag or anything, but with my last comment, I achieved "Super Contributor"  Status on Hear Peers!🤣🤣🤣

On 10/27/2021 at 1:30 PM, Mary Beth said:

@artkup

The neckloop can pair with 2 devices.

I'm finding it impossibly hard to link up my Artone maxloop to the Artone TVB transceiver. Not sure how you did it.

Looks like everyone on Amazon who reviewed the TVB had trouble too.

You must be a magician!!

23 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

This is how I set up the Artone TVB.  @Joan and others here have the TVB too. 

http://handsonhearing.com/resources/ArtoneTVBReview.pdf

I strongly recommend anyone who is trying to use the Artone TVB with their Artone Neck loop, follow @Mary Beth's instructions to the "T". I ran into trouble yesterday trying to "blend" the included instructions of the TVB to @Mary Beth's most excellent instructions and the neck loop and TVB wouldn't pair. I beseech you all to just throw out the included TVB instructions and do what @MB says to do.