AudioStream and Apple CarPlay

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Has anyone used AudioStream with Apple CarPlay?

Does the iPhone hand off to Apple CarPlay and use the car speakers automatically and then return automatically to AudioStream when you exit the car?

@Justin

@MED-EL Moderator@Mary Beth@JustinSo far I'm loving the AudioStream but only when I can keep it connected. Yesterday while working it went out and I was able to get back on by turning off and on the Bluetooth. Then this morning as I was stream to my CI via my iPad Pro it worked great, I left the house and tried to use my iPhone while running & no luck at all. I came home and after unpairing AudioStream to my iPad Pro and repairing from the start to my iPhone that I finally got it back. Does anyone know how I can avoid this? I'm hoping for a seamless experience especially when working or going for a run etc, thanks!

Hi!  I have to repair it to the iPad first to see but I do have that setting on the iPhone thanks as always!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney  If it does not hand off automatically, see what happens if you turn off BT on your iPad when you are finished with it.  Then turn off and restart BT on your iPhone.  I would expect the AudioStream to then automatically reconnect.

It reconnected to my iPhone automatically every day without issue.

yeah, I'm not sure what I'm doing, I used my Bose Sunglasses and now I can't get AudioStream to reconnect , I need to read over those instructions again, 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

After you use a different BT audio device on your iPhone, I think it’s easiest to make sure you turn that device off.  Another option is to go into BT and select the other device, then select disconnect.

In my experience so far with the Artone BT neckloop.... if I power on the Artone it connects with my iPhone and is where the audio is sent.  As soon as I turn off the Artone, AudioStream reconnects automatically.

yes, that's exactly what I thought or expected would happen after I turned off my Bose that it would reconnect but alas . . . I must be doing something wrong--will try again a little later thanks as always for all your assistance !

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

Do you still have the Artone?  If yes, it would be interesting to see what happens with your iPhone and AudioStream with the Artone since that is the BT device I used.  If your set up does not work the same way as mine with the Artone, then we know something is wrong.  If it does work the same way as mine with the Artone but not your other BT devices, that may be more complicated to figure out.

Here is what I do and how the AudioStream behaves with my Artone.

AudioStream connected to iPhone

Then Artone powered on and automatically connected to my iPhone since that was the last device it had been paired with before turning it off.

Automatically my iPhone used the Artone.

Then I turned off the Artone.

Automatically the AudioStream reconnected.

By the way, I have an iPhone 8 running 14.4.2

I'm def. going to call them today after work as I was only able to get it back on by starting the whole pairing process again which seems a little crazy. I actually did return the Artone as it was constantly dropping / going in and out. I have the iPhone 11 and I believe the latest IOS. thanks again, after I talk to them I'll let you know how it goes/what they say

So, I spoke with someone today at Medel and with my iPhone 11 running IOS 14.4.2 she had me turn off BT, turn on BT, reboot iPhone, forget and then repair all BT, it seems to be working great for example I can listen to my Bose sunglasses, turn them off, and it seamlessly goes back to AudioStream. The only prob. I just relayed to them is that I can't seem to get it to work at all on my iPad but that could be something I'm doing, not sure but good start!

& once again, it's gone over to the iPad and I can't get it back to the iPhone , not sure I guess I'll call them again tomorrow

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

try this. Make sure you have AudioStream paired to both your iPhone and your iPad.  In settings-accessibility-hearing devices...make sure both have hand off turned on and are on the same WiFi and iTunes account.

Then turn BT off on both your iPhone and your iPad.

Next turn BT on for your iPhone.  Make sure AudioStream connects.  Play some music or something.

Then turn BT on for your iPad.  Pause the music on your iPhone and pick it up on your iPad.  See if AudioStream transfers.  If not.  Pause the music on your iPad and then hit play again.  See if AudioStream transfers then.

Well, it went back to the iPad then wouldn't go to the iPhone so I had to turn off the iPad, turn off and then back on the iPhone's BT and then I got it to go but there must be a more seamless way for me to do this but I will try that thanks Mary Beth!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

I think as a work around until you get this sorted, it may be easier to just turn off BT on the device you are finished with.  Then turn on BT on the device you wish to use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@zeynepody

Rondo 3 does not have direct BT to phones for audio streaming.  It connects for audio streaming by using the intermediary device, AudioLink.

I believe in this connectivity manner, Rondo 3 is similar to Sonnet 1 without the AudioStream cover.

If so, I think Rondo 3 can use AudioKey 2 directly for the remote control features.  But for audio streaming, it requires AudioLink as an intermediary device.

If you attach the Rondo 3 telecoil adapter, you can stream all audio by using the Artone neckloop with Rondo 3 on MT or T.

Information about some Rondo 3 connectivity options ...

https://www.medel.com/en-us/support/product-support/audio-processors/rondo3/connectivity

• HearPeers Heroes

@zeynepody

Are you trying to use your Apple Watch to access AudioKey 2 as a remote with Rondo 3 or for some other function?

Apple İphone 8 plus, rondo 3 ile Audiolink olmadan iletişim kuruyor. ama Apple watch SE gibi değil ... @Mary Beth

Edited by zeynepody
name

• HearPeers Heroes

@zeynepody

I’m sorry but your last message is not translating correctly.  I am not sure what it says.

AudioKey 2 app lists compatibility with these devices.  In the app there is a way to provide feedback.  Then you will receive a response from Med-El.  Maybe ask about Apple Watch compatibility.

8F259033-27B7-4A70-8CB0-C29800496C65.png