Apple iPhone update to 14.6 BT fix included

Mary Beth

Hmmm, so @Roy K. what is the current status? I am using iOS 14.6.  both devices do pair to my iOS and I do hear audio. However, the reliability of the AudioStreams is a bit flakey from what I have seen.  

Replacing the RCB Battery adapters do help.  

@Mary Beth, can you explain to me again with the significance of the special wireless-symbol-labeled RCB adapters?  And do you also need special disposable battery carriages to use AudioStreams as well?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

Yes AudioStream requires a different rechargeable battery adapter or a different disposable battery pack.  They are marked with a WiFi symbol.  In the US, they come with the AudioStream in its box.  So we need to specify AudioStream with disposable battery pack or AudioStream with rechargeable battery adapter when purchasing.  

Do you know what is special about them to make AudioStream work?

1 hour ago, Dennisjbr said:

Hmmm, so @Roy K. what is the current status? I am using iOS 14.6.  both devices do pair to my iOS and I do hear audio. However, the reliability of the AudioStreams is a bit flakey from what I have seen.  

Replacing the RCB Battery adapters do help.  

@Mary Beth, can you explain to me again with the significance of the special wireless-symbol-labeled RCB adapters?  And do you also need special disposable battery carriages to use AudioStreams as well?

“Flakey” is a good description. Certainly not up to level of quality we’ve come to expect from MEDEL. 

Yes it is improved from 14.5.1 but it is still flaky especially when it shows connected. Sometimes I can get it to be recognized by just physically resetting the CI (cover off then back on). Sometimes I open an app with sound and use it until both sides are recognized. Then I can use my music or phone. The flakiness makes it unreliable for receiving phone calls. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

I believe it is the way it supplies power to the BTLE receiver in AudioStream but that’s just my guess.

@Mary Beth I know you have AudioStreams and an iPhone. But I could not figure out if you could connect and stay connected to your iPhone with both of your AudioStreams at the same time and which iOS you are driving.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dani

I had borrowed two AudioStreams from a friend and used them for 4 days with my iPhone 8 and whichever operating system was most current in April.  They worked wonderfully and I LOVED the audio quality and especially the separate left/right instrumentals in true stereo.

Then I needed to return them.

At that time I thought I would upgrade processors this summer and receive the AudioStreams in my upgrade kits.

After reading all of the posts here and on other social media platforms about significant connectivity issues with iPhones using their current operating system, I have decided to wait and give Med-El and Apple time to sort things out better.

As much as I LOVE the audio quality and true stereo features of AudioStream, it is more important to me to have reliable connectivity.

So I am closely following users experiences with iPhones and AudioStream.

Curious if Audiostream is any more or less flakey with rechargeable vs. disposable battery setups?

Just now, Roy K. said:

Curious if Audiostream is any more or less flakey with rechargeable vs. disposable battery setups?

I use only rechargeable. 

16 hours ago, Roy K. said:

I use both setups. There is no difference for me. But I am still on iOS 14.4.2

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody installed the iOS 14.7 public beta to see if the connection issue have been worked out?  Now that I finally have a Sonnet 2 and the Audiostream, have definitely seen the connectivity issues I’ve read about.  Haven’t attempted to go through multiple steps to try getting it to connect correctly for the second time yet but I may later today if I have the energy.

Edit:  The iPhone simply doesn’t show it at all no matter how many times it is restarted (phone and AudioStream).  Tried every combination to get it to connect and nada.  Ironically, the iPad connected to it perfectly fine first try and works quite well.  Weird thing is, the AudioKey 2 app even after setting the AudioStream in it, acts like it forgot it exists.  Frustrating.

Edited by John F