Dennis and Rondo 3

Mary Beth

Hi sorry I've been MIA. Work has taken over my life!  

Yes they arrived and we did all the filming necessary. Now it's time to edit the video clips together. 

By the way they are not programmed as they are new devices.  I go to get them programmed July 7.  Promised to come back more and answer more questions in the forums!

Then will post to YouTube to take advantage of auto-captioning.  I feel I could have done the video better as some clips are off center, but meh you get the idea. :) 

So this was after unboxing one of the Rondos for the video filming.  

IMG_0688.jpeg.ad933fcda90811399cb4fe5826b0bcba.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

What did you choose as your connectivity option in each kit?

@Dennisjbr

2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

What did you choose as your connectivity option in each kit?

@Dennisjbr

AudioLink Vs Artone 3.  I chose Audiolink because it's $600+ and Artone i can buy anytime for $130.  Since Audiolink was more expensive and the whole package was the same price out the door, i decided to get more "bang for my buck." :) 

The Finetuner Echo is already included, so no option there.  Everything else is included. I actually included the order form in my video!  I have a PDF version to share if you don't have one?

• Like 2

Can I just say that i'm counting the days when I get my Rondo 3s programmed?????  UGH the day can't come soon enough!!!  Let me know if anyone has any questions for me to ask during my programming.  Also @Joan FYI this is when I see Jan @ Stanford. :) 

@Dennisjbr when is your appointment? I’m looking forward to seeing Jan in September. Sounds like you need her expertise sooner than that!😊

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

Maybe ask when the ASM 3 features will be available 

adaptive intelligence mild

adaptive intelligence strong

transient noise reduction 

ambient noise reduction 

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

How are your Rondo 3 processors doing?  Any news on when ASM 3 will be released?

Hi @Mary Beth! Thanks for reminding me!  It turned out that a Med-El Audiologist also joined my session.  ASM hopefully will be released to the masses in the fall/late this year. As I understand it the Med-EL Audiology dept is getting training on the new ASM software itself right now first then will be released and training for the rest of the audiology community.

My battery life has been GREAT.  I often am getting 15 hours with them and thats also with being on calls most of the day connected to AudioLink with BT receiver.  Pretty cool i never have to swap batteries around 3-4pm like I did with the Sonnet 1s.  

Also did you know, when you take the Rondo 3s out, if they are not connected to the implant after some time, they automatically shut off to conserve battery. pretty cool!

Hope this answers your questions.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

I am so happy you are enjoying your Rondo 3s.  Are you still attaching your AudioLink to the back of your shirt or placing it behind you for better connectivity?  Are you getting a low battery beep at 15 hours or is that the end of your day?  Do you find that they sound similar to your Sonnets?

>> Are you still attaching your AudioLink to the back of your shirt or placing it behind you for better connectivity?

Yes. No static. 

>> Are you getting a low battery beep at 15 hours or is that the end of your day?

Yes and it goes on for 3-5 minutes or more. You get pretty good warning. It has only happened to me once after a very, very, long day. :)

>> Do you find that they sound similar to your Sonnets?

Yes I believe so, but to be fair they started me with new programs and the sound is pretty rich, better than Rondo 1s for sure. The problem i have now is i am getting wind noise just by walking down the hall, so we believe we didn't turn on the wind-blocker feature for the mics since it's a very new program. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

Thanks for your info.

Yes Sonnet did that to me too- wind noise just walking down an indoor hallway.  Way too sensitive to slight air flow over the mics.

• 2 weeks later...

Mary Beth, were you ever able to resolve that wind noise problem? I have it also with my Sonnet

On 7/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Dennisjbr

Thanks for your info.

Yes Sonnet did that to me too- wind noise just walking down an indoor hallway.  Way too sensitive to slight air flow over the mics.

Ditto same exact issue.  When I had my Resound Ones they also had this issue and we could never fix it properly.  As I understand it, currently only two levels for wind noise control. Does ASM 3.0 offer more help with it?

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F and @Hicksy

I do not have ASM 3 so I do not know if the slight air passing over the Sonnet 2 mics is resolved.

For me wind block mild and strong did not help with that at all.  My present MAPs have windblock off.  I prefer the way music sounds with the least amount of front end preprocessing features active.

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F and @Hicksy

This is what works for me… I slightly turn my head so the indoor hallway air movement over the mics is not coming at the mics directly from the front.  That decreases the “wind” noise for me.