WOW Moments

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

Here's a new one! My hearing on my implanted ear has increased since my last hearing test! I could hear more today than the last time at one month!! (This is without the processor)

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

The audi couldn't explain why!! It's a miracle! And some swelling went away. As Ivana says it can take up to six months.

• HearPeers Heroes

The audi couldn't explain why!! It's a miracle! And some swelling went away. As Ivana says it can take up to six months.

Slowly but inevitably - body needs some time for regeneration. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Well, this was a first today. I was riding in the back seat of a car and my friend, who was in front of me, asked me a question. I absentmindedly answered her without even thinking about it. That's never happened before. She was facing front, I couldn't see her or read her lips. PROGRESS! Happy dance

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great, Sandy! Especially because it happened unmindful and natural. Wish this will become a quite common thing for you soon (and for all of us who is not there, too).

• HearPeers Heroes

That is awesome Sandy! Thanks for sharing!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I can remember going out to eat with my wife. When we left, she asked, do you realize we just had a conversation in a noisy restaurant and you had no issues following me?????

• HearPeers Heroes

I think it's great encouragement for us all and especially hose that struggle at the beginning.

• HearPeers Heroes

It gives you something to look forward to. There were plenty of times sprinkled in there where I wanted to jus throw my hands up and say FORGET IT!

Just take a step back, big breath and remind yourself, relentless forward motion. Keep plugging away. I actually think that these moments of frustration are a good thing.

I think in a way, with those moments, it really helps you 1) appreciate the gift you have been given. 2) lets you look back and see how far you have come. These "opportunities" help you to not take anything for granted.

If everything was just a piece of cake and super easy, I don't think we would appreciate our new journey nearly as much.

• HearPeers Heroes

I had a wow moment last night at work but it wasn't necessarily for me. I had the chance to explain my CI and some of the features like the DAI cable which I had plugged in at the time. The guy I was talking to was totally blown away and had no idea they even existed. It was pretty loud at the time. He wears hearing aids wand was really struggling to hear. I had no issues whatsoever. Pretty incredible

• HearPeers Heroes

Fantastic Adam. I just love sharing this incredible journey with people.

• HearPeers Heroes

Still amazes me how much education needs to be done.

• HearPeers Heroes

Still amazes me how much education needs to be done.

Of course - a personal initiatives are best: people tend to listen at best when it is explained from their perspective by someone who actually "walks in their shoes"...

• HearPeers Heroes

I also agree with this. I was at McDonald's last week. They are starting a new project. Getting people to use a self serve ordering system. There was a man there he was interested. He said it's a great thing! I mentioned to him they are trying to get rid of people. He agreed. He said he was in robotics manufacturing. I said that robotics and technology have a long was to go... He disagreed. He said that it has come a long way and prices are down. Then I mentioned that I was a CI- Borg. I also told him that it costs $10,000 to get one. He was truly speechless. So we do have a long way to go.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

My new thing of the week is: I was at a store yesterday and my processor starts beeping. So I walk over to a stack of books and take it off. I take out the batteries with the coil magnet as always. It takes out the two batteries I replace the batteries and put it back on. I go to pick up the discarded batteries only to notice I only have one. I thought oh well not searching under the piles of stacked books. So I go home about my business. (I changed the batteries around 12:30). So it's around 5:30. Processor isn't sitting right. So I decide to give it a break. I take it off and there's the battery!!!!!! Been on my head between the d-coil and my head, all afternoon!!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm surprised things sounded okay!

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm surprised things sounded okay!

I am also puzzled... :blink:

• HearPeers Heroes

Could hear each word of my very talkative hygienist with music and drill sounds in background.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Way to go Cara! I just love those WOW moments!