New Design of the Forum

MED-EL Moderator

Dear forum members,

You’ve probably noticed the new design of the forum and ask yourself: "Why did this change?" 

Let us introduce you to our brand-new platform for MED-EL’s international community with a new design and a fresh look and feel: Hearpeers =>  hearpeers.medel.com

What Can I Look Forward to on hearpeers.medel.com?

• Easy-to-understand information about hearing loss and hearing solutions.
  • Articles about life with a hearing implant, including tips and tricks as well as inspirational user stories.
  • Become part of a global community of hearing implant recipients, candidates, parents of users, family, and friends.
  • Get in touch with Hearpeers Mentors.
  • Easy access to all digital MED-EL services via the myMED-EL account.
  • Regular updates from the Hearpeers Community via the Hearpeers Newsletter.
  • Quick and reliable support from the Hearpeers Team.

What Is New In The Forum?

Besides the changes in the design, you will be able to use your myMED-EL account to log into the forum now.

myMED-EL (https://my.medel.com/) is a hub where you can see and access all digital services offered by MED-EL. With a myMED-EL account not only can you communicate on the Hearpeers forum but you can also use the account for the AudioKey 2 app and all future digital MED-EL services.

In order to keep using the Hearpeers forum, you need to update your forum account by connecting it to a myMED-EL account. Here is how that works:

A) I already have a myMED-EL account:

1. Please make sure that you use the same e-mail address on both platforms. If you’re not sure, check your myMED-EL profile data at https://my.medel.com/portal/profile

In case you’re not currently using the same e-mail address on the forum and on myMED-EL, please change your e-mail address at https://forum.hearpeers.com/settings/ to the one you use on myMED-EL.

image.png

2. If you are logged into the forum, sign out and sign in again by choosing “Sign In with myMED-EL”. You will be asked to type in your password. Please type in the password that you use with your “old” forum member account in order to link the two accounts. Any posts, comments, and content that you published in the forum so far will remain connected to your user account.

image.png

B) I don’t have a myMED-EL account yet:

1. Head over to https://my.medel.com/register/basic and create a myMED-EL account using the same e-mail address that you use to log in to the Hearpeers Forum. You’ll receive an e-mail from myMED-EL. Please click on “Confirm Your Email” to finish the process.

2. If you are logged into the forum, sign out and sign in again by choosing “Sign In with myMED-EL”. You will be asked to type in your password. Please type in the password that you use with your “old” forum member account in order to link the two accounts now. Any posts, comments, and content that you published in the forum so far will remain connected to your user account. 

image.png

! Please reauthenticate your forum account as soon as possible. From May 2022 on you will only be able to log into the forum with your myMED-EL account.

If you have any questions, let us know!

Kind regards,

your Hearpeers Support Team

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Dear forum members,

From 21st of June on, you can only log in to the forum using your myMED-EL account. If you don’t have a myMED-EL account yet, please check our instructions above in order to reconnect your account.

Your Hearpeers Forum Support Team

• HearPeers Heroes

Love the new layout!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

I had configured my account and was signed in through myMed-El.  Today I checked my account settings and it said my myMed-El had expired and needed to be reconfigured.  I followed the steps and did that and now it says signed in through MyMed-El.

Why is it necessary to keep doing this?  How often is it needed?  Why did I not receive a notification that it was expired?

Thanks for your help

On 4/5/2022 at 6:56 PM, MED-EL Moderator said:

A) I already have a myMED-EL account:

Yes I do and everything went through as simply as the description above. 

Thanks

John

• Like 1

Hi @Mary Beth, thanks for bringing this to our awareness. In general, the myMED-EL ID does not expire., that's why we've forwarded your message to our experts. They are currently looking into the issue. We'll update you on their feedback as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Barbara 

I could hardly log into hearspeers to begin with lol. Many may not go to the bother now….

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Many HP member’s profile pics have disappeared at the same time.  They no longer show up with their posts.  Now they are just initials.  (Some of our profile pics are still functioning fine- mine included).

On 6/20/2022 at 2:13 PM, Dianna said:

It happens approximately once a week for me

Hi @Dianna and @Sandy123, are you referring to the old/regular login via the Hearpeers account or to the myMED-EL sign in?

Kind regards, 

Barbara 

• MED-EL Moderator unpinned this topic