Headaches?

Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

Has anyone else had headaches from their processors? Could it be the Manet? I am using #2 right now. Finding the Implant site feels pulled on.

• HearPeers Heroes

I switched to #3 and have headaches and it feels pulled. I'm going back to #2.

• HearPeers Heroes

Is it site pain or headaches? Could be too strong a magnet or too loud of a map setting. Or could be you getting used to your new hearing world.

I had a headache after my latest upgrade. Thought the setting was too high but it settled down within a few days

• HearPeers Heroes

It's a bit of both Adam. I am turning it down today to see how that goes. Volume as well as sensitivity. Yesterday it felt as though the implant was pulled on. After I took it off it tingled. I had lots ringing in my ears with a slight headache.

• HearPeers Heroes

If you have a tingle sensations, it could be tension headache but in this type a cause is usually - a neck.

By headache you mean that your whole head hurts you or it started from the implant site and spread further?

For instance, in Croatia today we experienced sudden change of weather where temperature went up for 18C and I have a sensation at the side of my BB implant but I connect it with tension pain which irradiate from neck.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well it's different each time. Right now it's at the side of the implant.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sometimes it's the whole head others it's more in one spot.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sometimes it's the whole head others it's more in one spot.

This is type of, so called, tension headache and it doesn't have real connection with magnet. Just coincidence. Magnet would cause spot soar and skin irritation. From time to time, it's good to masage your implant place little bit by your hand.

• HearPeers Heroes

Tension headaches have different causes and according treatments.

• HearPeers Heroes

WgT would be the cause of tension headaches then Ivana? Too much raining or new higher sound frequencies?

• HearPeers Heroes

Still having headaches. They are only aches though not migraines. But still there. They come and go. I went to my dr today about it blood pressure is good. 112/64. Ears were good implant site was fine incision site was fine. She did blood work to rule out infection for implant and surgery. No word from any audis think I have contacted four now. Including med el. So we shall see. The saga continues!!! Lol

• HearPeers Heroes

For Ivana, what do you think about hyperacusis? Could it be the problem??

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't have an issue with my sugars.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara let me know what your Audi says about adjusting your map

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Kara,

yesterday I started to write this post than ran out of battery... :(

That blood pressure is even little bit low, from standard CBC your Doc can not see if you have implant linked infection.

Tension type of headache you should feel like a cage around your head, or at least one side.

In your case I would bet that is linked with possible overstimulation like Adam suggested. You have started pretty harsh but you know that runner who starts running too early can exhaust him- or herself. 

Hyperacusis is when you hear a noise characterized by an increased sensitivity to certain frequency and volume ranges of sound. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Still no response from. Audis they are all on vacation. The surgeons office said to take Tylenol and not much the surgeon can do thereis nothing to see. I have contacted two reps from med el so I will see if they help. So I am taking advil which is my choice pain med. I am not using my DAI cord for now to see if it over stimulates me. I also noticed this morning hen I brought the processor to my head a felt a bit of a headache. Weird.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara,

If it is due to the map, lowering the volume may relieve the issue while you wait for your audiologist.

If it is due to the magnet, keeping the processor off of your head for a length of time may relieve the issue while you wait for your audiologist.

You can also contact your MedEl CSR by email and request a weaker magnet.

I hope you feel better soon,

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I got a response from med el. They will send my concerns to the Canadian manager. But st least someone is helping! I have lowered the volume and I am resting my head. Without implant on right now. I did a bit of training this morning. So we shall see. I know, it too shall pass and be a hind sight soon enough.

• HearPeers Heroes

Just think of it as a small speed bump Kara. I am sure MEDEL will get things headed in the right direction.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am sure. I keep praying about it too.

• HearPeers Heroes

You felt headache when you started to hear or you just move close to your head but not actually put it on?

Is it better now when you lowered the volume?

You should make a pause little bit of learning and hearing.

• HearPeers Heroes

Just closer to my head. I took Advil so I have been ok today.