Kara update

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

So update! The surgeon is calling it nerve pain. He wants me To take some nerve pain meds but I'm not sure that's a good idea. I don't have an issue with the pain generally. He also suggested using a rondo but I don't have one. They will loan one to me but they need me to give them a credit card number in case of damage. But in happy with my sonnet. We shall see how things go in the next couple Of weeks.

• HearPeers Heroes

Batter safe than sorry. A ct scan could give you peace of mind. Wait to see what they say. The good thing is he is being proactive.

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad you saw the surgeon.

A CT scan is a good idea. Something is causing your discomfort, which still exists after your latest mapping. A CT scan may find a cause.

The RONDO is also a good idea. The SONNET processor has to capture sounds with the microphone, send them to the magnetic headpiece and then transmit them to the implant which sends them to the hearing nerve. This process may be adding to your discomfort. Since RONDO is a single piece unit this process is simplified. Please reconsider the RONDO option it may help with your discomfort.

• HearPeers Heroes

Great! Hope switching to Rondo will help your insision site to heal faster. Looks your medical team is caring and thoughtful. Sure you will be completely fine soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks cara and hadron. The reason like you said hadron was because he wants to relieve pressure from where theincison site is. But I don't see it necessary as the sonnet doesn't give me any pain. It's only if you touch it with your fingers that it sends a jarring pain into my head. It is nerve pain as I suspected which means it needs time to heal and hopefully goes away. The urge on wants me to take medication which I also don't see as necessary for the same reasons. But I do see my team as awesome and they do indeed care that was the reason for the cat scan. To make sure there is nothing amiss.

• HearPeers Heroes

I can't hurt to try. Sometimes you just have to try things to see what works. Hoping for resolution soon

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks cara and hadron. The reason like you said hadron was because he wants to relieve pressure from where theincison site is. But I don't see it necessary as the sonnet doesn't give me any pain. It's only if you touch it with your fingers that it sends a jarring pain into my head. It is nerve pain as I suspected which means it needs time to heal and hopefully goes away. The urge on wants me to take medication which I also don't see as necessary for the same reasons. But I do see my team as awesome and they do indeed care that was the reason for the cat scan. To make sure there is nothing amiss.

CT is good shot - it can clearly say if something is going on.

Secondly, if you get Rondo - try wear just it. Possibly you don't remind that Sonnet actually press you somewhere. It's the Columbus egg - time will say what's going on.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah it will be March before they can do the ct. So I'm not worried anymore. The surgeon just wanted to double check bone formation around the brain area and ear canal. Where there is pain. He said it could be the implant rubbing the skin but he thinks it's nerve pain. No swelling.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah it will be March before they can do the ct. So I'm not worried anymore. The surgeon just wanted to double check bone formation around the brain area and ear canal. Where there is pain. He said it could be the implant rubbing the skin but he thinks it's nerve pain. No swelling.

It smells to me also into the direction of rubbing but we shall see... :)

• HearPeers Heroes

But Ivana it only hurts if I touch it with my

Finger. Or push on the area.

• HearPeers Heroes

But Ivana it only hurts if I touch it with my

Finger. Or push on the area.

Well, as I don't have possibility to see it I can only imagine - there are few possibilities. Always :) 

I start from the most simple and hope that some part of your processor do rub or better make a pressure at that particular region. If none part of device is in contact with that part of skin - this is not the case; but my further thoughts go in to direction of possible skin fistula or localised infection within the epidermal/dermal layer. This is easy to resolve, as the most radical solution is to surgically explore the locus - but let's not run to conclusions.

• HearPeers Heroes

Strange issue

There is a saying at least here in the U.S. In the medical field ( at least here where my neurosurgeon told me)

If you hear footsteps, don't look for Zebras.

You want to rule out the most obvious issue first, then if needed look elsewhere. One thing I have learned ( at least in my case) is that the further out they schedule a test or image of some type, the better for me. If I go to my neurosurgeon with a brain related complaint ( no comments from the peanut gallery please) and he looks at everything, if the CT is just moments away, that is much more concerning than if he feels he has plenty of time.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Kara, would the medication be to settle the nerve? When I had surgery for another issue, I was given pain medication. I'm not one to use pain pills, but was told it would help and it did.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes the antidepressant is for the nerve pain. But I am fine without it. I have only really taken something for it once a week maybe? It's not that big of a deal.

• HearPeers Heroes

Not sure what you take Kara but I take something as well for nerve pain. It was due to one of my brain surgeries

• HearPeers Heroes

A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville, a nickname for the cheapest (and ostensibly rowdiest) seats in the theater, the occupants of which were often known to heckle.[1]

The least expensive snack served at the theatre would often be peanuts, which the patrons would sometimes throw at the performers on stage to show their disapproval. The phrases "no comments from the peanut gallery" or "quiet in the peanut gallery" are extensions of the name.[1]

In 1943 the Howdy Doody children's radio show adopted the name to represent its audience of children.[2] Howdy Doody is most remembered for its later transition to television, which continued the Peanut Gallery audience, now on camera. It is from this usage that the name of the comic strip Peanuts was derived.[

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't filled the script yet. It's for Elavil. I have taken Advil when needed. Works fine.

• HearPeers Heroes

A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville, a nickname for the cheapest (and ostensibly rowdiest) seats in the theater, the occupants of which were often known to heckle.[1]

The least expensive snack served at the theatre would often be peanuts, which the patrons would sometimes throw at the performers on stage to show their disapproval. The phrases "no comments from the peanut gallery" or "quiet in the peanut gallery" are extensions of the name.[1]

In 1943 the Howdy Doody children's radio show adopted the name to represent its audience of children.[2] Howdy Doody is most remembered for its later transition to television, which continued the Peanut Gallery audience, now on camera. It is from this usage that the name of the comic strip Peanuts was derived.[

Is it something like - theater in the Muppet Show and those 2 old man at the gallery? :)

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't filled the script yet. It's for Elavil. I have taken Advil when needed. Works fine.

This is not the same drug group...

• HearPeers Heroes

I know this Ivana. I don't want to take a mind altering drug. I have enough problems already. I just take an Advil if the pain gets unbearable. About once a week. So no need for some big fancy chemical

• HearPeers Heroes

Here's my reasoning. As a child my mom and Doctor would give me meds whenever I had a sniffle. Now I am heatllthier than I have ever been and am very sceptical when it comes to meds. If it was something that I desperately needed because I couldn't cope then yes. But I can so I try my best to go on without medical

Intervention if necessary. That's all. When I had surgery I very much needed he pain meds to cope. I am not an extremist but only looking at my

Best interest. I can sleep on he other side which is the left side and on my back. I am doing well. I now know what it is I can move on.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good comparison Ivana. Just a figure of speech. If I say something and I know somebody is gonna make a snarky comment back, I will say that