September 2017 activations

Mary Beth

much to my surprise... this is activation week was not expecting too much but am getting new stuff every day... i used the phone and i actually heard the person  and clear too... i can not wait until monday when i get my first mapping.... better not be lunch bag let down...lmao

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jane  you are almost there!  If your activation is similar to mine (with no speech understanding) you will just get to appreciate the immense power of our brain's neuroplasticity as it sorts everything out over time with aural rehab.  Smile.

There were new WOW moments every single day.  It is a fabulous journey.  Buckle up.

• HearPeers Heroes

It's a truly unique journey as well. There is nothing like it! I cried many times when I heard a sound that I hadn't heard in years! Music is absolutely truly wonderful 

Activation today :) everyone sounds like electronic Martians but I can understand speech when lip reading so I am happy :) the brain is SO AMAZING when the Audiologist first activated it she warned me at first I may only hear sound and I did but as I sat there slowly I could start to hear words then sentences that I spoke then my husband and the Audiologist..so amazing !! And it helps to have a sense of humor how everything is sounding at first !!what an adventure!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay!  The fun has begun.  Keep a journal of what you hear and what things sound like.  It is so cool to read over those notes later on.  So much changes so fast.  Keep us posted!

Great idea !! Hour by hour I'm hearing more !!unbelievable..I can hear my husband and the TV some ..the brain is so incredible!!wow is all I can say !!!

i got activated today and I heard speech, albeit not normal I feel blessed to get that type of reaction upon initial activation! I can't wait to see what happens over the next few months. I haven't heard speech in my right ear for so long that even the altered speech is better than what I had!

Terry that's great news ..I feel the same way ..it's really miraculous ..the speech is sounding more normal as the night goes on but I'm with you I haven't heard out of my left ear in so long it's unbelievable to me that I'm hearing in that side now!

• HearPeers Heroes

It is going to be so much fun following all of your early journeys!  Enjoy! 

I wore my new best buddy my CI all day today ..asked my husband a question from another room (when will I learn ..) and I heard him say “what “I said did you just say what !!!??????wow

laugh of the day I pulled my car in the driveway,turned off the ignition and it sounded like I was hearing people speaking ..I opened the car door and it was my neighbors dogs barking ..when I saw them then I knew what the noise was ??dogs :)they sounded pretty funny

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jane I am so happy for you!  Before you know it, you will be having conversations from different rooms.  Still blows my mind.  Smile.  

Soon after I was activated I was working outside in our gardens and was fascinated by the weirdest sounding bird I had ever heard.  Then I realized that every time I stopped working, the bird was silent.  Turns out it was my squeaky garden clippers!  Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

You will find that each day is a new adventure and it just gets better and better.

My activation is tuesday, 10/3. It got moved from September because they accidentally had the old appointment with the wrong audiologist. Just waiting a few more days...

AliU83..that’s only a few more days ..it’s as exciting as everyone said it is ..I’m so attached to it already even though the sound for me is still very strange but for me it’s sound and speech in my ear that I haven’t heard out of in several years ..let us know how it goes ..I was happy even to hear the beeps that the CI was working !and everyone has been so supportive letting me know the sound improves which I have seen in under 48 hours ..last night I heard the water running in the sink and I was excited ..there’s no experience like this ?I’ve been laughing out loud since activation and singing to myself in the car to hear how i sound(already I’m not talking as loud as I was to hear myself )

good luck Tuesday 

Doing well!  Thanks for asking. I’ve already gone through the 4 programs they gave me initially and I feel like if I could get more volume that would be awesome. I held my phone up near the mic and played a song and I heard the lyrics and am appreciating the music as well! I feel very fortunate to have this response so soon after activation. 

How about you?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Terry Bush

Are you using a Sonnet!  Have you tried the red jack DAI cable yet with music?

Not sure I have one of those? Haven’t even had time to go through everything I received on activation day. Is it an additional item?

2nd visit completed, up'd all the levels in the electrodes, got bluetooth Roger Pen up and running, tried the wind reduction program, doesn't work for me made noise way too loud. Now to test all this out for the next 2 weeks when I go for the 2nd mapping plus going to the "phone booth" to check on what words I can hear and readjust the volume.