Rondo access to phone/music/audiobooks

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Lately I have returned to wearing my Rondos and have been exploring various ways of connecting to sound sources.  I would love to read your ideas.

Here is what I have been playing with so far....

I have become comfortable using the phone by holding it near the Rondo mics.  Works well but if I was in a very noisy place, I may prefer switching to T.

Surprisingly my BOSE QC 35 headphones (which work awesomely with my Sonnets) actually do work with my Rondos.  They look ridiculous though because the headphones do not cover my ears and are not centered, but they do sound great and stay in place fine.

Artone 3 MAX BlueTooth neckloop works great.

I ordered a plug in neckloop for long listening sessions and it should be here this week.  It will also work with my digital piano.

I ordered headphones that are thin and flat and can be positioned anywhere inside the accompanying headband.  They should arrive this week as well.  I think they will work comfortably with my Rondos.  We will see.

I have one mini battery pack for the Rondo so I am going to get a second one.  That will open up using the DAI red jack cable.

I know that the Roger MyLink neckloop is also an option with the Rondo but I do not have that.

Are there other items that are working out for you with your Rondos?

I will be flying on long flights next year and am interested in listening options that are comfortable on long flights with Rondos.

• 10 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth,

Have you compared the Artone Max 3 to the Quattro?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth - I've never been able to watch movies on long flights unless they're captioned (and I've actually run into some that aren't, which is always a big of a shock).  Do you know of a way to connect to the headphone jack in the armrest?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Yes I have used the Quattro 4 for quite awhile before getting the Artone 3 MAX.

No comparison in my opinion.  The Artone is way better for me in all ways.

I donated both of my Quattro 4s and ordered an extra Artone 3 MAX.  I use it everyday.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

We do have options with our Sonnets and plugging directly into airplane headphone jacks.

BOSE QC35 come with a cable that can be plugged into headphone jacks. I have done that on long flights and it worked great.

We can use the FM battery door with three holes on the bottom (you may have to order it since it was replaced in kits with Roger).  Then the red jack (90/10 mix) DAI cable.  That cable plugs into headphone jacks and into the FM battery cover.  The cord comes in a unilateral and a bilateral version.  Some people like to use an extension cable to have a bit more give.  Those can be found in any tech store.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well that’s an very good review 

now I have to try the Artone 3 Max

• HearPeers Heroes
2 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

We do have options with our Sonnets and plugging directly into airplane headphone jacks.

BOSE QC35 come with a cable that can be plugged into headphone jacks. I have done that on long flights and it worked great.

We can use the FM battery door with three holes on the bottom (you may have to order it since it was replaced in kits with Roger).  Then the red jack (90/10 mix) DAI cable.  That cable plugs into headphone jacks and into the FM battery cover.  The cord comes in a unilateral and a bilateral version.  Some people like to use an extension cable to have a bit more give.  Those can be found in any tech store.

I use a Sennheiser HD280 headphones which are Not noise canceling however they fit nicely over my Sonnets.

I used them on flights across country Atlanta to and from Portland OR to watch movies. They worked great and come with a plug that fits well into the jack for audio. Delta even had a selection of movies with captions! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, @Mary Beth - I'll have to see what else I end up buying before we leave.  The FM battery cover is $300 and the cable's $75.  I bet I could get the headphones for less.

• HearPeers Heroes
18 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jdashiell

Way to go Delta.  United could learn a thing or two!

Artone 3 MAX is presently on sale at www.harriscomm.com

https://www.harriscomm.com/artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop.html

Same price everywhere Artone, Amazon, harrisComm

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I prefer my BOSE QC35 headphones when flying.  Things sound great.  I can plug in to the plane system or BT to my iPad/iPhone.  

If someone starts to talk to me, I just pop them off like everyone else.

If someone starts to talk to me while using the DAI cable, I have to unplug it from the Sonnet (not the headphone jack) in order to hear.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth - am I looking at the wrong ones?  Bose QC35 look to be wireless.  How do you plug into the jack on the plane seat?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

BOSE QC 35 are wireless but come with an included cable for times when you want to plug into a headphone jack.

39B69543-F395-4DF6-B126-858EBB660931.png

CE719FDA-C0BD-4D2A-B484-8025DFC481C7.png

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

They're right around $300 on Amazon too.  Give me some time, I'll talk myself into it.  ☺️  Only I need to buy a laptop of some kind before our next trip - I have been traveling with this little netbook that I bought....I don't remember, but it runs XP.  And it's just too slow now.  But I don't want to travel with my primary laptop.  But I have until May, we're not flying anywhere long-distance till then.

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, Mary Beth said:

Lately I have returned to wearing my Rondos and have been exploring various ways of connecting to sound sources.  I would love to read your ideas.

Here is what I have been playing with so far....

I have become comfortable using the phone by holding it near the Rondo mics.  Works well but if I was in a very noisy place, I may prefer switching to T.

Surprisingly my BOSE QC 35 headphones (which work awesomely with my Sonnets) actually do work with my Rondos.  They look ridiculous though because the headphones do not cover my ears and are not centered, but they do sound great and stay in place fine.

Artone 3 MAX BlueTooth neckloop works great.

I ordered a plug in neckloop for long listening sessions and it should be here this week.  It will also work with my digital piano.

I ordered headphones that are thin and flat and can be positioned anywhere inside the accompanying headband.  They should arrive this week as well.  I think they will work comfortably with my Rondos.  We will see.

I have one mini battery pack for the Rondo so I am going to get a second one.  That will open up using the DAI red jack cable.

I know that the Roger MyLink neckloop is also an option with the Rondo but I do not have that.

Are there other items that are working out for you with your Rondos?

I will be flying on long flights next year and am interested in listening options that are comfortable on long flights with Rondos.

Is the rondo difficult to keep on

• HearPeers Heroes

However you are talking about great product, I would like to mentiont the cozyphones. I'm going to buy the Artone 3 soon, but I'm a very happy user of Cozyphones. Less technology with a very aceptable sound quality.

• HearPeers Heroes

Cozy Phones sound terrific and are great with Rondos.