Rondo Cradle-Goodbye to failed overnight charges?

Tim

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tim and @John Schulz

I shared with just a small group so far.  When you feel ready for me to share with large groups, let me know.

Same for me - let me know when it’s ok to share with my audiologist for fellow earthquake sufferers. 

@Tim Thanks for all the work from the PSU team! It's really great to see the rapid prototyping process in action! I have reserved $2 of every unit to give to Bill who CADed up the design. 

@Lauren and @Mary Beth, I have 12 white ready to ship immediately, 9 orange RTSI with 8 more ready by 1 PM EST, and two green RTSI plus 12 more ready by 10 PM EST today. I request that any clinic or individual looking to order four or more of any given color use the Google Form (https://forms.gle/3CBRH3US9RVe6MLP9) especially as I start classes next week. Otherwise, purchasing right away from eBay is fine! Thank you for spreading the word!

PS: I do have an "emergency" print file that can print 18 of one color all at once in 19 hours. However, I likely will not offer a discounted bulk price if I need to use that since that one requires much more post processing and wastes more material. 

• Like 3

Alright, all reserved units have been shipped! In addition, all three colors are well stocked with more than 10 units per color.

• Like 3

• Members

We have a report from @Joanthat the position appears to be a little off for Rondo 2 charging.  If anyone has a Rondeo and a Rondo 2, we would love to hear how it is working.   I was able to personally test it with a Rondo 3 for a week without any problem.  

We may have a tweak to adjust for the Rondo 2 in the near future but in the interim, consider it a Rondo 3 only cradle. 

Sorry for any inconvenience.  If you are a Rondo 2 user and ordered a Rondeo, let @John Schulz and we'll assist.  

I will be issuing full refunds to anyone affected and the listing has been revised to only mention Rondo 3. 

@John Schulz that is very generous of you. Thank you. Unfortunately, I no longer have the shipping label with your address, but if you will message me with it, I will return them to you. Nonetheless, I do still plan to promote them to my audiologist as well as anyone who has a Rondo 3. I think you and @Tim have come up with a great solution to an annoying problem for Rondo 3 user.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@John Schulz

updated:  seems to be just a FB issue.  I may have to take down each post and create a new one to get the correct image

I see the revised listing which says Rondo 3 but when I copy the url and paste it, this still shows up which also mentions Rondo 2.  Can you alter that so I can edit the posts I shared to promote this tool?

IMG_4227.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@John Schulz

I see the revised listing which says Rondo 3 but when I copy the url and paste it, this still shows up which also mentions Rondo 2.  Can you alter that so I can edit the posts I shared to promote this tool?

IMG_4227.jpeg

I don't have any control over that unfortunately since that's entirely on eBay's side. My suggestion would be to wait a day or two and hopefully the cached url description updates to the new one. A URL shortener might prevent that from happening too?

• 3 weeks later...

@Valentin I don’t have any issues with charging my Rondo2s either. Several users have had issues with charging their Rondo 3 though. Kudos to @Tim and @John Schulz for this ingenious design for holding the Rondo3 in place while it charges!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Sorry it took me a while to get this posted. It has been a very busy couple of months and I was debating tweaks to better handle Rondo 2's but it seems that flipping it around seems to work for them (reversed orientation from our normal Rondo 3. I think that was what @Joan figured out in the end since I don't have a Rondo 2 for testing. In any case, Rondo 2 users didn't seem to have problems as often as Rondo 3 users did with charging.  The result is that it seems to work great for Rondo 3 users and I didn't want to delay getting it posted any longer.

In any case, we now have the Rondeo charging cradle design posted on Printable for free download.  Feel free to print yourself. 

For those that prefer to have someone else 3D print it for them, you can contact @John Schulz or visit his ebay listing.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/354996215386

Hope you like it!  Thanks again to my incredible team:  John Schulz, Dr. Bill Dresselhaus, Ed Ivory, and the Portland State Engineering Prototyping Lab for printing many prototypes as we tweaked the design.  If you tried it, please feel free to post here.

• Like 2

I’ve been using two cradles for maybe 2-3 months and have had zero failed charges since. Before, I was guaranteed to have at least one (per processor) per week.

Even holds Rondo 3s in in place for earthquakes up to 4.3 so far. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tim said:

Sorry it took me a while to get this posted. It has been a very busy couple of months and I was debating tweaks to better handle Rondo 2's but it seems that flipping it around seems to work for them (reversed orientation from our normal Rondo 3. I think that was what @Joan figured out in the end since I don't have a Rondo 2 for testing. In any case, Rondo 2 users didn't seem to have problems as often as Rondo 3 users did with charging.  The result is that it seems to work great for Rondo 3 users and I didn't want to delay getting it posted any longer.

In any case, we now have the Rondeo charging cradle design posted on Printable for free download.  Feel free to print yourself. 

For those that prefer to have someone else 3D print it for them, you can contact @John Schulz or visit his ebay listing.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/354996215386

Hope you like it!  Thanks again to my incredible team:  John Schulz, Dr. Bill Dresselhaus, Ed Ivory, and the Portland State Engineering Prototyping Lab for printing many prototypes as we tweaked the design.  If you tried it, please feel free to post here.

Glad to see this! Thank you for taking the initiative in making this a reality and providing the opportunity for me to help serve the community! I have dropped the price from $27 to $20 for one and $50 to $35 for two to make the purchase more appealing.

• HearPeers Heroes

I shared the link to the free Printable and also shared the eBay listing again online in various CI groups.

Thank you both @Tim and @John Schulz

• Like 1