New to HearsPeers

Dorothy

• HearPeers Heroes

Okay, sorry about that, just the website acting up again.  I meant to say, it sounds as though things are going excellently, Dorothy!  Good for you!

• HearPeers Heroes

Okay, sorry about that, just the website acting up again.  I meant to say, it sounds as though things are going excellently, Dorothy!  Good for you!

• 1 month later...

Hi again, it's been a while since I've posted.  I'm now into month 2 of my activation and have run into a bump in the road.  Due to allergies, I have fluid in both ears and have not been able to have an ear mold made for my implanted ear, or been fitted for a new hearing aid in my left ear.  I did get the go ahead to use my old hearing aid, and that does help somewhat.  I'm hoping that at my appointment next month I will be able to get the ear mold made and be fitted for the new hearing aid.

That being said, am I the only one that needs to have a shorter cable?  The one I have is MedEl's shortest length, but it is too long!  any suggestions?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dorothy

Med-El’s shortest cable for DL-could is 6.5 cm I believe.  That is the length I use.  I turn my DL-coil so that the cable attaches at the 9:00 position.  This works for me.  Have you tried that yet?

891B8FFD-0E1A-4E20-98D8-47D851146EA1.png

Hi Mary Beth,

Yes, that's where my cable is too, but it's still too long.  I could use one that is half of that length!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dorothy

There is a lot of variation in placement of our internal units.  That impacts how the cable sits.

You can ask your audiologist or your Med-El CSR if they have any suggestions.  I have seen people wrap the cable around the processor but I am not sure if Med-El recommends that.

The Sonnets also work with D-coils.  There may be a shorter cable for the D-coil.  I don’t know if Med-El will swap your coil.

I’m sorry it is not comfortable.